Premed 101 Forums

GPA reality check

david_66

reminds me of this guy everyone knew from my undergrad, who memorized absolute minutia, everyone made fun of him, but i knew him pretty well since i dated a chick that did volunteer work with him, she asked him why he tried so hard one time and his response was because he had nothing else to do, so maybe there's more sadness in it than reason to feel angry.

I agreee, that's how I felt about it too, but it was probably all fake lol, plus some of his comments were on the extreme!!

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, but I could just come back with a completely different username, and they would never know. So allowing me to keep this username would be the civil thing to do... analogous to the rules of engagement in a battle.

I hope they ban any troll's mac address instead ;)

not implying that you might be one

During my interview I will put on the most brilliant and deceptive mask and pretend to be a very optimistic and kind individual and I will eventually get in after third year, while most of you are sitting in front of your computer still typing words on a forum.

Um, why...do you even want to be a doctor?

we both got into med school, i'm in excellent shape (this person is very obese), am not severly overweight, have gotten to travel extensively, have had many great relationships, can play a couple instruments really well, did a lot of fun stuff in undergrad and have a ton of good memories and friends for life. i also picked up a ton of soft skills that you don't get from the classroom and did a lot of good networking... i'm not sure i would trade all of that for straight a+'s, being overweight, never having a girlfriend, your life seems great on paper, but you're overlooking real human suffering, which in the end, can really diminish your sense of your life's worth.

Why would you pity someone who, if the logic was followed correctly, is beating everyone around him where it counts, on the scoreboard? I wouldn't pity that guy, he'd be my competition and I could give a rats ass if he were a socialite or a hermit.

we both got into med school, i'm in excellent shape (this person is very obese), am not severly overweight, have gotten to travel extensively, have had many great relationships, can play a couple instruments really well, did a lot of fun stuff in undergrad and have a ton of good memories and friends for life. i also picked up a ton of soft skills that you don't get from the classroom and did a lot of good networking... i'm not sure i would trade all of that for straight a+'s, being overweight, never having a girlfriend, your life seems great on paper, but you're overlooking real human suffering, which in the end, can really diminish your sense of your life's worth.

On the plus side he'll be able to afford higher class hookers.

:rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure he's a virgin, and i don't think he'd have the guts to phone a hooker, even if he were into that, which i'm pretty sure he isn't, since he complained about being lonely to my ex, i'm also not sure he'd have time, he's the kind of guy who spends every moment not studying for meds in the lab.

On the plus side he'll be able to afford higher class hookers.

:rolleyes:

i'm pretty sure he's a virgin, and i don't think he'd have the guts to phone a hooker, even if he were into that, which i'm pretty sure he isn't, since he complained about being lonely to my ex, i'm also not sure he'd have time, he's the kind of guy who spends every moment not studying for meds in the lab.

Yeah it would take some guts to dive into the STD ocean. I personally choose to stay dry.

• 4 months later...

This was probably a troll thread, but there's some truth in what the OP said, if you have a GPA of 2.0 because you slacked eventhough you're a premed, I don't see how you could manage to get into med school. If you studied hard but still got crappy grades, then either your study techniques are bad, or you don't have the mental abilities to succed (or you have a managable disability).

they probably won't if they have weak ECs and weak interviewing skills :rolleyes:

The man makes a good point. Go go 3.8 GPA with better-then-average (fingers crossed) social involvement! :D

(inside mind: arrgh 3.8 GPA where did the other 0.2 go and ohmygod are my club activities okay sweet jesus have i done enough hours volunteering at the hospital what if they think its all faked to make my application look good /hyperventilate)

I'm not even applying until next year :o

Archived