Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

this is definitely turning into a mess.

I have two back-to-back make-up exams scheduled for the same class next week (one because I missed as I was being cut open) and the other because of the strike.

Problem is I have a class during second make-up for which I am required to give a presentation.

My GP is on the U of T med school admissions committee and he said that they do take into account what school you come from. He also said that the difference between York and U of T undergrad wouldn't be much though when I asked. "Only 2 or 3 percent."

I just felt like sharing and take from it what you will. :)

My GP repeatedly tells me to go into dentistry cuz "there's more money in it"

My GP is on the U of T med school admissions committee and he said that they do take into account what school you come from. He also said that the difference between York and U of T undergrad wouldn't be much though when I asked. "Only 2 or 3 percent."

Sounds like total bullshit.

Seems legit.

Anyone a Bethune Peer Mentor/Tutor or basically on any spot on Bethune SOS? I applied to a lot of those positions and got interviews for them but unfortunately got denied a position at pretty much everywhere. I asked after each interview for some feedback and they said I could email them and they would help me out. I told them they wouldn't care about me after I left this room and wouldn't know my name in a week so they might as well tell me my feedback now...they still told me to go to the email route. I Emailed the guy after he rejected my peer tutoring app after the interview and I haven't got a reply (god damn liars those people smh).

I was hoping to get an idea of what they are looking for in those positions. I'm a first year so I would very much like to apply next year but I don't know how to improve. If anyone on the Bethune SOS team knows what you guys look for in the interview steps so that I can prepare myself next time and can tell me this info, that would be much appreciated. I didn't really prep too hard because I didn't know how to and I would like some info so I'm not totally out of the dark. Ty in advance for your replies ^_^