Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

I'm a high school student, and I have a question about York.

How easy is it to achieve high marks at York Kin and Health Science for anyone enrolled in the program?

How are the tests like, and are there many research, and volunteer opportunities?

Thanks!!

Lol a person with mac as their username and a UWO profile pic asking about york. 

I just wrote a kine test- it was like a grade 11 MC test except it was so vague I had to guess like 1/4 of the answers. Wait no actually, it was exactly like a grade 11 test.

As for volunteering/research: there are tons of research opportunities at york and as for volunteering, if you're looking on campus we're the 3rd biggest uni in Canada so you probably won't have a problem. Outside of campus, we're the largest city in Canada and I'm sure you see where I'm going with this ;)

Lol a person with mac as their username and a UWO profile pic asking about york.

I just wrote a kine test- it was like a grade 11 MC test except it was so vague I had to guess like 1/4 of the answers. Wait no actually, it was exactly like a grade 11 test.

As for volunteering/research: there are tons of research opportunities at york and as for volunteering, if you're looking on campus we're the 3rd biggest uni in Canada so you probably won't have a problem. Outside of campus, we're the largest city in Canada and I'm sure you see where I'm going with this ;)

I -almost- have a thing against Kin students at york. A lot of friends I have in the program mock psyc students for being in the "easy" program. I often hear "oh you guys are cheating by taking the easy route to med school". And I always wondered, wasn't Kin just as easy? I was starting to believe this BS until a couple of my psyc friends who have taken Kin courses vouched that kin and psyc are both pretty similar in easiness. Now, no one would believe that I have an invested interest in psyc so I usually won't argue. Hopefully everyone realizes that its no one's business what you're majoring in.

Or Maybe I just hang with the wrong kin people lol

Yea it's better to be safe by filling out the form. It's really simple and should take like 2 minutes. What will happen is he'll get an automatic email asking if he approves. When he does, that makes it official and the registrar will be notified.

Hey guys, any input would be greatly appreciated on the following courses, as well as preferred profs:

- Organic Chem 

- Biochemistry 

- Physics (Which one, I believe there is two)

- English course for a Science student

Appreciate any feedback, Thank you!

Orgo is easy, take it with Jackson if possible. Take Biochem with Kubieski.

Hey guys is there any way to drop a course off my transcript? I fucked up and ended up getting a B as a final grade is there any way I can get this removed?

Unless you have a legitimate reason for doing poorly, and not just "fucking up", then no, and don't bother wasting time petitioning. It's one B, everyone fucks up at one point. Move on and do better next time.