Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Guest mmhs12345
Try to take Orgo with Derek Jackson. I'm taking Biochem 2020 with Rosonina as well next year.

Hey do you know what time Derek Johnson taught last year? Its usually at the same time. Please respond! Apparently iyer and Jackson are the easiest. But Jackson is incredibly easy.

Hey do you know what time Derek Johnson taught last year? Its usually at the same time. Please respond! Apparently iyer and Jackson are the easiest. But Jackson is incredibly easy.

Not sure if this is still true but when I took orgo in the 12/13 year, both sections used the exact same tests and exams. So it didn't really matter who your prof was apart from the lectures.

Not sure if this is still true but when I took orgo in the 12/13 year, both sections used the exact same tests and exams. So it didn't really matter who your prof was apart from the lectures.

Mind answering the post I quoted Falling on? How difficult is the course overall? A+ possible if diligent?

Guest mmhs12345
Mind answering the post I quoted Falling on? How difficult is the course overall? A+ possible if diligent?

Also, if one can get an A+ in both Chem 1001 and chem 1000, is A+ achievable in orgo??

All I do to get these A+s is make incredibly good notes, and do all the questions in the book + past test questions. It seems to have worked for both the chems + my other math courses.

Yes A+ is achievable in both orgo and biochem. But you'll get different answers depending on who you ask. In my opinion, orgo is easier than gen chem, but that's just me. Lots of people hate orgo. Biochem is not difficult just gotta memorize well.

Thanks for the info. They haven't posted profs for a lot of courses yet. Gonna have to wait n see.

What's the difficulty of the course though? A+ if diligent?

I'm taking it right now and the class average on the first test was 86%. I got perfect. The second test was harder, but definitely not difficult. I think if you work hard, you can do very well in the class.

I think the prevailing opinion is that Orgo I is relatively easy, Orgo II is difficult.

Guest mmhs12345
I'm taking it right now and the class average on the first test was 86%. I got perfect. The second test was harder, but definitely not difficult. I think if you work hard, you can do very well in the class.

I think the prevailing opinion is that Orgo I is relatively easy, Orgo II is difficult.

Wow I really need to get Jackson as the prof this coming sem. Im probably going to get a friend to sign up for one of the sections for me, and then if I don't get Jackson, ill tell him to swich so I can get Jackson.

Guest mmhs12345

Heyyyy I just emailed Dr. Jackson, and he responded. I asked him whos going to be teaching orgo 1 this sem and he said " as far as I know, It will just be myself and Dr. Iyer".

:D

However, there is 3 sections- one will teach 2. Either way, these two are the 'easiest" orgo profs. So I am really happy :D

Heyyyy I just emailed Dr. Jackson, and he responded. I asked him whos going to be teaching orgo 1 this sem and he said " as far as I know, It will just be myself and Dr. Iyer".

:D

However, there is 3 sections- one will teach 2. Either way, these two are the 'easiest" orgo profs. So I am really happy :D

Thanks for emailing him.

Hey I am taking the course right now too. The second test was harder but fair. I am surprised to see the class average for this test was pretty high too. I can't imagine how the final exam will be to balance all this out XD.

Hey I am taking the course right now too. The second test was harder but fair. I am surprised to see the class average for this test was pretty high too. I can't imagine how the final exam will be to balance all this out XD.

Yeah. I got 44/50 on the second midterm. I don't know what he'll do with the final. I only need around a 65 because I've done well on the labs.

Guest mmhs12345

When I am making my course schedule, if two courses overlap at the same time, can I still take both?

Like one course is from ex: 1-2, and another is from 1:30 to 2:30..

Can I still take both?

When I am making my course schedule, if two courses overlap at the same time, can I still take both?

Like one course is from ex: 1-2, and another is from 1:30 to 2:30..

Can I still take both?

Technically you can enrol in both courses. But you obviously would not be able to attend both lectures. And you will have a serious problem if both course tests are scheduled on the same day.

Yea there aren't any scholarships specifically for academic achievement.

Correction: look up the "continuing students scholarship" or something like that. Basically for 8.0 sGPA and up you get a certain amount of $$ (depends on courseload and how close to a 9.0 you are). No application necessary.

Guest mmhs12345
Correction: look up the "continuing students scholarship" or something like that. Basically for 8.0 sGPA and up you get a certain amount of $$ (depends on courseload and how close to a 9.0 you are). No application necessary.

I dont think so.

on this pdf: http://sfs.yorku.ca/pdf/money_matters.pdf

It says:

"Students who hold the York

University Renewable Entrance

Scholarship are not eligible for

this award."

I dont think so.

on this pdf: http://sfs.yorku.ca/pdf/money_matters.pdf

It says:

"Students who hold the York

University Renewable Entrance

Scholarship are not eligible for

this award."

That's strange, I'm pretty sure a couple of friends got both. But either way, for anyone who doesn't have an entrance scholarship it's a pretty decent amount of $

Need an elective for first semester. I don't really want to take one of those weird music or dance classes. I kind of enjoy stimulating electives like philosophy classes, but would prefer something not essay based (always fall just short of 90s in those classes)

What about ECON 1000/1001? I hated it but some people really do like it, and it's an easy A+

That is the one I'm considering. I've heard it is easy, but apparently itheyre super boring. I only have room for 1000, second semester is packed.

Yeah I honestly thought it was terribly boring (which made it more difficult), but A+ is definitely possible if you can overcome that haha. I heard 1000 is easier than 1001 anyway, and I wouldn't take 1001 without 1000 (I don't think you can anyways, can you?), so doing 1000 is a good option, I think :) .