Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

Hi! sort of random but I figured this thread would be the place to ask fellow York U students:

Is CHEM 2020 (organic chemistry) as difficult as everyone says it is?:(

No.

People often approach 2020 as a "memorization" course and this is where they falter. 2020 is built to be a CONCEPTUAL course where you need to UNDERSTAND the mechanisms. That's not to say that there is no memorization, there will inevitably be certain things you just have to know.

Make sure you practice the questions for 2020! Approach it as a calculus/physics course where the only way you'll succeed is through practice of problems. Don't try and memorize every reaction because yes that will work in the beginning, but sometime around February, you'll find that there's just too much going on.

Hope that helps!

No.

People often approach 2020 as a "memorization" course and this is where they falter. 2020 is built to be a CONCEPTUAL course where you need to UNDERSTAND the mechanisms. That's not to say that there is no memorization, there will inevitably be certain things you just have to know.

Make sure you practice the questions for 2020! Approach it as a calculus/physics course where the only way you'll succeed is through practice of problems. Don't try and memorize every reaction because yes that will work in the beginning, but sometime around February, you'll find that there's just too much going on.

Hope that helps!

that advice is true. practice and practice and then practice so more.

My advice is Just Follow the Electrons.

Charmer

Any advice or study tips for the biomechanics final?

uhmm

know how to draw free body diagrams (we had to draw one last year)

know your definitions

there was a question on calculating center of gravity of a body segment

there was a question on calculating the net force and torque on the arm

agonist vs antagonist muscle

just practice I guess... it shouldn't be hard plus they give you lots of time unlike test 2

uhmm

know how to draw free body diagrams (we had to draw one last year)

know your definitions

there was a question on calculating center of gravity of a body segment

there was a question on calculating the net force and torque on the arm

agonist vs antagonist muscle

just practice I guess... it shouldn't be hard plus they give you lots of time unlike test 2

thanks man, what you told me for molec 1 worked. hopefully it works for this too :)

No.

Hope that helps!

Thank you so much for the advice! I really appreciate it.

But at Yorku U, is A+ achievable in Organic Chemistry? I'm taking it in the summer and I have no idea who the Professor is, is there a particular Professor that is good at explaining the concepts?

But at Yorku U, is A+ achievable in Organic Chemistry? I'm taking it in the summer and I have no idea who the Professor is, is there a particular Professor that is good at explaining the concepts?

A+ isn't meant to be impossible in any class.

Just dedicate your summer to orgo haha.

Did anyone know that it's York's birthday today? lol

They have free cupcakes right near Scott's in that corner area if anyone sees this in time lol

wow just got back from york and did not even notice it... I was there for about 4 hours :o

ugh I wanted a free cupcake... I hope they were not as bad as the free cake on bethunes bday

Definitely achievable. I don't know who the summer prof is or what he/she is like for that matter, but I know during the year Potvin explains material better but Iyer's got the easier tests.

wow just got back from york and did not even notice it... I was there for about 4 hours :o

ugh I wanted a free cupcake... I hope they were not as bad as the free cake on bethunes bday

oh no! I had like 3, so they weren't that bad loool, but they weren't great either... better than most free things I've had at York hehe

Have you guys seen people in your classes on this site?? I always wonder who they are on the forums hehe

Nooo, I've never seen anyone on this forum ever lol, that's embarassing haha

There are a lot of Yorkies on here!

Hello bretheren, I'm 0110011001110101011000110 also a yorkie

Haha welcome :) I think I'm going to call you 01 if that's okay with you lool

I was in a class a couple weeks ago and had pmed101 up and browsing. Some dude saw and asked... are you Aaron?

lmao

Still no clue who it was.

rofl

^ omgsh soo creepy lol

how did he know? were you on too? maybe it's someone signed up on here already lol

EDIT: sorry glossed over that you were on lol

This guy in my fourth year bio class used to be on this site quite often and he would sit in the front of the class so everyone was able to see lol. But I guess not many people know about this site.