Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

bio isn't compulsory either... they just need a certain number of credits from the first year core science courses and many choose to go with bio... they could take EATS instead of bio if they wished to

I forget about these NATS and EATS. I suppose that's true. But then again these are the people that struggle with the later kine courses that are more "science-y" -- Physiology, Anatomy, Advanced Physiology, etc.

So you took Kin and got an interview at Mac?

Currently in Kine and yeah I interviewed at McMaster.

I forget about these NATS and EATS. I suppose that's true. But then again these are the people that struggle with the later kine courses that are more "science-y" -- Physiology, Anatomy, Advanced Physiology, etc.

Currently in Kine and yeah I interviewed at McMaster.

How did you coordinate your prerequisites if you don't mind?

I mean, which science and humanities courses did you take, and when?

Thanks.

Well at least they seem adamant to solve this without going on strike.

I mean if this happened again their already poor reputation would just....

Hopefully, if they do go on strike they won't have to shut down operations.

Also the strike date is just around the corner, so it is possible that they go on strike and resolve the issue before the fall start date.

You get to keep your entrance scholarship. The $ amount is whatever that was. There's also a honour roll notation on your transcript and some letter from the school. So not much, really. You need to win the book prize in order to get anything significant.

Also, you have to maintain an 8.0 for your scholarship but only 7.5 for the honour roll apparently, lol.

What's the book prize?

I feel like theres a whole bunch of scholarship money at york that I Could get if I applied.... too bad most of them need essays which I am too lazy to write

How did you coordinate your prerequisites if you don't mind?

I mean, which science and humanities courses did you take, and when?

Thanks.

I was a transfer student so some of my credits (ie. calculus, chem and sociology) transferred.

In my 2nd year (1st at york) I took the first year bio, organic chem, human physiology I and II, human anatomy, stats I and II, social psych and research methods... so 33 credits.

In my 3rd year (this year) I took Biochemistry, Epidemiology, Immunology, an Independent Study, and the core courses (Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, Motor Learning, Fitness and Health, Sport Psych)

... planning on taking physics this summer if I get bad news in May :/

Hope that helps?

I was a transfer student so some of my credits (ie. calculus, chem and sociology) transferred.

In my 2nd year (1st at york) I took the first year bio, organic chem, human physiology I and II, human anatomy, stats I and II, social psych and research methods... so 33 credits.

In my 3rd year (this year) I took Biochemistry, Epidemiology, Immunology, an Independent Study, and the core courses (Nutrition, Exercise Physiology, Motor Learning, Fitness and Health, Sport Psych)

... planning on taking physics this summer if I get bad news in May :/

Hope that helps?

Damn that's a lot of math.

I'm hoping 1 year (Math for Life Sciences) will be sufficient.

I'm good at math, but I don't know any lol.

The stuff I am good at, I'm a whiz with. I can do lots of arithmetic and algebra in my head, but I know nothing of statistics and calculus.

So it shouldn't be "easy" for me.

dw, its really fair assessments+ you can learn everything from khanacademy and patrickjmt. :)

It's automatic. Given to the person in each year and program with the highest GPA.

Ahh, guess i'm not getting any significant than. But is the letter written by the Dean at least?

Book prize sounds cool but I guess it's reserved for those people with 9.0 GPAs lol.

we don't have anything like that offered by the biology dept

nor do we get a letter by dean... it only says on your transcript that you were a member of the deans honour roll

Fall-Winter 2012/2013 Lecture schedules are out!

Physics & Orgo timings conflict :$

Anyone know when the enrollment system opens and when they start filling the spots for Professors and TA's?

I would believe the prof spots gets filled as the profs get hired.. and TA spots sometimes don't ever get filled.

Fall-Winter 2012/2013 Lecture schedules are out!

Physics & Orgo timings conflict :$

Anyone know when the enrollment system opens and when they start filling the spots for Professors and TA's?

ohhh nooooo..... now I can't take physics even if I wanted to.... I'm so upset.... the horrror