Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

how hard is it to get an A in first year english?

If you're a good student, then it's my belief that this is completely dependent on your prof. One of the profs at my university basically made it impossible for you to get lower than an A- if you actually tried. Another prof insisted that my essay was excellent and my B+ was well deserved.

If you're a good student, then it's my belief that this is completely dependent on your prof. One of the profs at my university basically made it impossible for you to get lower than an A- if you actually tried. Another prof insisted that my essay was excellent and my B+ was well deserved.

sigh is it even worth risking your gpa just to apply to the western schools

Some schools require an English course or two, you have to decide which schools you want a better chance at. That first prof I mentioned had a reputation for being easy, and there were a couple other courses that were thought to be pretty easy as well. Try to find those at whatever school you're going to.

Some schools require an English course or two, you have to decide which schools you want a better chance at. That first prof I mentioned had a reputation for being easy, and there were a couple other courses that were thought to be pretty easy as well. Try to find those at whatever school you're going to.

Does it have to be an English course exactly or just an expository writing course?

It is cause you can apply to american schools with it too..

I just took English courses without thinking.. I should have put a lot more thought into it. one was alright, the other was bad because I had a bad TA. TA didn't wanna give me an A even though I did more research in writing my essay and my ideas actually made sense.

The TA didn't give them because she wasn't able to understand the arguments.. after showing her the sources, she agreed, but wouldn't change the mark.

oh well... it happens I guess.

Hey guys, I looked through this entire thread but couldn't find any feedback for the following courses. Any feedback for the actual courses or the professor would be appreciated :)

1. Disorders of visual cognition- Mayzar Fallah

2. Neuronal development for activity and health (kine 4230) molecular neuroscience with applications to health (kine 3670) (heard it was easy?)- Dorota anna Crawford

3. Vascular function in health and disease- Tara Haas

4. Immune system in health and disease- Gillian Wu

5. Applied human factors- Mayzar Fallah

I had Gillian Wu and Tara Haas for kine core courses, but I'd appreciate any feedback on the professors' difficulty with tests and such in the upper year courses I have provided.

Thanks once again!

No feedback :P What are fellow yorkies in kinesiology (or taking a course in kinesiology) taking in 3/4th year?

Here are the kine courses I am taking:

Physical activity, health, and aging

5 core kine courses (biomechanics)

Disorders of visual cognition

Neuronal development for activity and health

Neural control of movement

Neurophysiology of Movement in Health and Disease or the muscle physiology one.

Any fellow yorkies mind sharing what kine courses they have in mind for next year? :P

Hey guys, I looked through this entire thread but couldn't find any feedback for the following courses. Any feedback for the actual courses or the professor would be appreciated :)

1. Disorders of visual cognition- Mayzar Fallah

Never had him so I don't know what he's like as a prof but some of my friends work in his lab and say it's mildly interesting.

2. Neuronal development for activity and health (kine 4230) molecular neuroscience with applications to health (kine 3670) (heard it was easy?)- Dorota anna Crawford

3670 has a lot of dense slides but is an interesting course!

3. Vascular function in health and disease- Tara Haas

This is right up Haas' alley so watch out for some tricky questions. I'd also suggest Advanced Physio: Cardiovascular with Birot. It's also his specialty but he's a good prof in the smaller classes.

4. Immune system in health and disease- Gillian Wu

Loved this course! Wu is a fantastic prof -- she knows what she's talking about and although she does get nervous in the bigger classes (Physio 1), in the smaller classes she's amazing. She likes to get everyone involved and will often put you on the spot and ask you questions. It's a great course and I'd recommend it, although it can be a little tricky and it is a tough A+. The highest final grade in my class was an 88 but the marks were adjusted upwards to follow faculty guidelines (~top 10% get A+, I think).

5. Applied human factors- Mayzar Fallah

Again, not too sure about him.

I had Gillian Wu and Tara Haas for kine core courses, but I'd appreciate any feedback on the professors' difficulty with tests and such in the upper year courses I have provided.

Thanks once again!

Hope that helps!

I've also heard Advanced Physio: Endocrin with Riddell is pretty interesting. Stay away from any of Hood's upper year elective courses (mitochondria). Stem Cells with Scime is difficult too.

If you want some more birdies: Fundamentals of Epidemiology with Hala Tamim (KINE 3565 - easiest A+ of my life). Epidemiology of Injury Prevention (KINE 4565 - also bird). The Physical Activity and Aging course you took is also a bird.

No feedback :P What are fellow yorkies in kinesiology (or taking a course in kinesiology) taking in 3/4th year?

Here are the kine courses I am taking:

Physical activity, health, and aging

5 core kine courses (biomechanics)

Disorders of visual cognition

Neuronal development for activity and health

Neural control of movement

Neurophysiology of Movement in Health and Disease or the muscle physiology one.

Any fellow yorkies mind sharing what kine courses they have in mind for next year? :P

I want to take psychology of physical activity and health, motor learning, biomechanics, exercise physiology, fundamentals of epidemiology and physical activity, health, and aging.