Premed 101 Forums

Are you a Yorkie Premed? (York Premed Discussion)

charmer08

Are you a Yorkie?  

205 members have voted

1. 1. Are you a Yorkie?

• Yes
    • No

just looked at this year's profs for the other physics courses. one word: brutal. Never thought any other department could be more worse than the chemistry department lol.

Take phys 1420 folks, avoid all others at all cost --> class average = 26% for first test from what i've been reading

does his name begin with a 'W'? If so, I've heard quite a bit about him lol

That guy is a wacko! He is literally 7 feet tall and walks around with a perma-frown. And he looks at what people are doing and if the work that you have out isn't physics related, he'll kick you out of the room lol

and he won't reply to you if you call him professor... he wants the Dr. in front of his name LOL

hes made so many people cry because of his rude behaviour... never go to him for help

From ratemyprofs: "So, this guy acts like he wants to help you but when you go to him, he won't. The exam is unfair, each problem question will be 5% of your final mark. He asks you to derive formula's on the test/exam, so the course requires a lot of memorization. He never smiles and is rude to his students."

I have a feeling I wrote that comment :confused:

guys, whats the deal with course credit exclusions? Specifically for biostats?

im going to take stats from a different department, can I use it as a substitute for the biostats course?

It won't count towards your degree requirements. It will be considered an elective. Theres really no point in taking stats from a diff dept unless you like that stuff...

Hey guys,

Anyone have strategies to getting into the courses you want? My enrolment date is June 20th, and I'm feeling that's a little late, and my schedule is gonna be verrrryy difficult to maneuver if I don't get the times I need.

Does the enrolment depend on the faculty as well? I'm in fine arts, but I may also have to take some Education courses if I get into concurrent.

For those who have taken psych 1010 or currently taking it at York, check this out:

http://psych.utoronto.ca/users/psy100/WinterFolder/answerkeystest1.htm

Scroll down and look at the Short Answer questions of U of T equivalent of Pysch 1010. Then compare it to the kinds of questions we get (Which even if you're drunk you could probably still answer them)

Holy cow, we have it too easy.

True that does seem a tad difficult for a first year course, but if anyone has taken a psych course at york with Prof. Nield or Prof. Murray then they are probably used to difficult tests too. (multiple choice that goes up (h) + short answer...painful)

I don't find those questions too difficult, but I'm a psych major and tutor intro psych. And yep, our questions are way easier...I remember one where we had to list three things we could do to be healthy (ie sleep 8 hours) LOL

lol wtf which prof?

why is jubis considered the easiest prof... her SAs aren't as easy as those ones?

lol wtf which prof?

why is jubis considered the easiest prof... her SAs aren't as easy as those ones?

I am not sure, I think its solely based on the fact that she gave out "hints" on what the short answers are?

So its like" I am gonna screw you- but I figured i will tell you that I plan on screwing you. So best of luck".

^ that last part was just humor for everyone still studying exams :) .

Any tips on what to expect for the human phys II final tomorrow? :) What did they ask on the lab exam last year in particular...

I'm expecting a hard exam considering there is a review sheet. I doubt they are gonna be simple questions. I would rather not have the review sheet. Hopefully they don't ask any methods (computer analysis) for the lab exam :D

I'm expecting a hard exam considering there is a review sheet. I doubt they are gonna be simple questions. I would rather not have the review sheet. Hopefully they don't ask any methods (computer analysis) for the lab exam :D

So am I! :S But I am glad we can put whatever we want on the sheet, so whatever you are not strong in you can go nuts with on your review sheet lol. I don't think they'll ask any computer analysis qs though.

So am I! :S But I am glad we can put whatever we want on the sheet, so whatever you are not strong in you can go nuts with on your review sheet lol. I don't think they'll ask any computer analysis qs though.

Fingers crossed :D The sheet makes me not wanna study though. lol. I skipped a couple of pages of respiratory part cause I didn't feel like reading em. lol. All because of the sheet. :D

Fingers crossed :D The sheet makes me not wanna study though. lol. I skipped a couple of pages of respiratory part cause I didn't feel like reading em. lol. All because of the sheet. :D

How'd you put it on your sheet if you didn't read it, that's not possible lol.

I remember that the final for phys II was much easier than the final for phys I, if that helps. I can't remember any specific questions as it was two years ago, but it wasn't tricky. We didn't get a review sheet though.

Ah, maybe it was easy because no review sheet? Mehhh just hope its not too bad!

Sensation and perception II with Harris is really interesting and an easy A+ since there's no text, abnormal psych with goldberg/rutherford/weiss...make sure not to take it with luther, psych of women with stuckless, health psych with mills was amazing and was my fave course in undergrad other than psyc1010, cognition was also interesting and easy but the prof I had is...not around. I actually do not suggest psych of fam even though its easy. I found it so boring that I couldnt bring myself to read the text and barely got an A. I never took psych and law but I hear that is a great course, so long as you take it with schuller.

lol I wish Mongrain taught every course too! She's a talented instructor.

Here ya go- all are easy A+'s, light readings, and similar exam style:

1)social psych with kawakami or struthers

2)personality with marchese or phillips- This course is boring but pretty much mandatory if you are in psych

3)sensation and perception I with harris or mapp

4)motivation with charlton or marchese

I would stay away from developmental psych, it is a TON of reading! And my section had assignments on top of exams. Bio basis isn't as easy, but its a good one to take if you are interested in neurosci.

Thanks alot Captain!

I quoted the second question for the other person, so they could see their answer right away as well :)