Premed 101 Forums

Swung by Mac Admission Office today

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is the response I got from the MD/PhD admin:

We will be letting you know as soon as the MD office releases the successful candidates who will be invited for their interview. I can tell you that if you are successful in obtaining an interview with the MD program, we will be holding our interviews for the MD/PhD program on the same day.

Not very informative haha

That seems very strange. Last year it was an email, I wonder why they would change that. That makes it even more stressful if that is the case. Has anyone else heard the same thing? I'm hoping it was some sort of confusion - my mail man at home is not the most reliable. hmmm...even more questions...

That seems very strange. Last year it was an email, I wonder why they would change that. That makes it even more stressful if that is the case. Has anyone else heard the same thing? I'm hoping it was some sort of confusion - my mail man at home is not the most reliable. hmmm...even more questions...

Maybe Canada Post put pressures on public institutions...? now that Christmas season is over, they need another stream of revenue.

OK honestly that's really unfair to you. It's got to be out before Feburary 8; surely, someone in their office has noticed these inherent issues.

I contacted them via email and explained that I had to respond to NOSM by Feb. 8th. They responded saying that if I see a conflict when I get my letter, to contact them. Well that's a little relief! :rolleyes:

I contacted them via email and explained that I had to respond to NOSM by Feb. 8th. They responded saying that if I see a conflict when I get my letter, to contact them. Well that's a little relief! :rolleyes:

More confirmation of snail mail only.....? :confused::eek:

More confirmation of snail mail only.....? :confused::eek:

These were her words exactly:

"Our letters will be going out shortly. If you should find you have a conflict when you receive your letter, then please contact us at that time."

I guess it could be taken either way really...

These were her words exactly:

"Our letters will be going out shortly. If you should find you have a conflict when you receive your letter, then please contact us at that time."

I guess it could be taken either way really...

English 1001 Analysis Time:

Tone of Message: Informative and Succinct

Context: the context for this message was in an email requesting more information

Meaning: if there's a conflict, then they want to know about it

Interpretation: if there's a conflict, they are implying they will mitigate it

Going Deeper:

It says "letter" and they repeated the word twice which suggests that the author is referring to a snail mail letter.

Even Deeper:

In today's society, letter can refer to a wide array of defintion.

Conclusion: the English Dictionary needs to be re-written for more precision.

QED.

They told me that they will be sending the invitations for interview (and eventually the letters of acceptance) via snail mail. They told me the expect to have them mailed out in the next two or three days .

So at least we know now. Friday, hopefully.

Maybe Canada Post put pressures on public institutions...? now that Christmas season is over, they need another stream of revenue.

That's actually the funniest thing I've read all week.

Context: the context for this message was in an email requesting more information

Going Deeper:

It says "letter" and they repeated the word twice which suggests that the author is referring to a snail mail letter.

Even Deeper:

QED.

Well I'm glad I'm not the only one going crazy.

Going Deeper:

Even Deeper:

QED.

This must be funny, for I am currently laughing :D

If we accept that it's going to be changed to smail this year, I'm going to start speculation as to why.

Mac seems to dislike getting bombarded with follow up calls. We saw this last year when waitlist offers went out after business day to limit any of such calls. By sending interview letters by snail mail they could be attempting to spread out the time over which people discover that they have an interview and thus spread out the follow up calls.

Archived