Premed 101 Forums

Official 2012/2013 Applicant Thread

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Does anyone know how to include "formal education" stuff in the top 5 for Ottawa? i can't find any check boxes...

thanks!

Hi Pepedo,

I am quite certain that the whole "formal education" section will be seen by Ottawa. If they wanted us to pick "top 5", that option would have been there.

HTH,

Tesla

Hi Pepedo,

I am quite certain that the whole "formal education" section will be seen by Ottawa. If they wanted us to pick "top 5", that option would have been there.

HTH,

Tesla

And they also have an additional part for formal education anyway so it doesn't really matter

Thanks. Also, we need to talk about only 3 experiences in the ABS essays covering 4 clusters? Can it be more than 3? Here is the instruction : "you are required to write and submit three

brief statements (250 words or less each) outlining the

three activities and/or achievements from your sketch

that you believe best exemplify the attributes that

align with the Undergraduate Medicine educational

goals."

Thanks. Also, we need to talk about only 3 experiences in the ABS essays covering 4 clusters? Can it be more than 3? Here is the instruction : "you are required to write and submit three

brief statements (250 words or less each) outlining the

three activities and/or achievements from your sketch

that you believe best exemplify the attributes that

align with the Undergraduate Medicine educational

goals."

I would go with 3.

Isn't it difficult to cover the 4 clusters with only three activities?

Yea but they specify quite clearly that you should pick your 3 Sketch items to cover them......what I did was include an introductory line that covered a few other items but focused the answer on the item I picked

Ahh I just submitted an hour ago :) :). Can't believe I'm at this stage in life. Good luck to everybody. Is there anything I should be doing? Got receipt of my payment online (Sept, 30). Application is fully submitted, paid $12 for my TRF request. Got an email confirming I submitted. Time to finally relax?

Guys, how exactly do I calculate my wGPA myself? I did it last year, and now I can't seem to remember how I did it... :S Sorry for the really last minute question!

To qualify for the UofT wGPA calculation, you must first ensure that you have full course load every year.

When submitting your OMSAS,

• if you are starting your 3rd year, the weighting formula will not apply for you.

• if you are starting your 4th year, the weighting formula will apply for you. You can choose your lowest 3.0 credits and remove those from the calculation.

• if you have finished your 4th year (or going into your 5th year), the weighting formula will apply for you. You can choose your lowest 4.0 credits and remove those from the GPA calculation.

To qualify for the UofT wGPA calculation, you must first ensure that you have full course load every year.

When submitting your OMSAS,

• if you are starting your 3rd year, the weighting formula will not apply for you.

• if you are starting your 4th year, the weighting formula will apply for you. You can choose your lowest 3.0 credits and remove those from the calculation.

• if you have finished your 4th year (or going into your 5th year), the weighting formula will apply for you. You can choose your lowest 4.0 credits and remove those from the GPA calculation.

hey, thanks a lot for the info, but I already know the criteria for wGPA, and how many credits are dropped depending on your year. What I was confused about was exactly how to calculate the wGPA , like do you remove the lowest grades, and add all the individual OMSAS weights, then divide by total number of courses, or is it done differently? That's what I was asking.

hey, thanks a lot for the info, but I already know the criteria for wGPA, and how many credits are dropped depending on your year. What I was confused about was exactly how to calculate the wGPA , like do you remove the lowest grades, and add all the individual OMSAS weights, then divide by total number of courses, or is it done differently? That's what I was asking.

I was supposed to do this by myself?? Oh god. Please don't tell me I messed that up. Where were we supposed to do that?

Archived