Premed 101 Forums

Why do some girls put so much effort into their physical appearances, for school?

ciel999

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think most guys even care whether or not a girl wears make up or not and to what extent. When guys show interest in a girl they don't nitpick all the little things or pay attention to small detail as much as girls do.

That's a dumb thing to say. You're attracted to half the girls you're attracted to because they wear makeup.

People look good for 2 reasons. 1) for themselves, boosts their confidence, makes them feel like they have more energy. 2) for others, allows them to interact with humans around them without their friends thinking they need help cause they're homeless.

Nails done hair done everything did

People look good for 2 reasons. 1) for themselves, boosts their confidence, makes them feel like they have more energy. 2) for others, allows them to interact with humans around them without their friends thinking they need help cause they're homeless.

Nails done hair done everything did

Looking good gives the individual a strong level of confidence.

That's a dumb thing to say. You're attracted to half the girls you're attracted to because they wear makeup.

Not true. Makeup is when the girl has bad skin or wants to compensate for something. A lot of naturally pretty girls don't put on a lot of makeup. I think most guys would agree it's hotter when she doens't put on much makeup, if any, and looks pretty.

Exactly. I'm not going to spend one hour doing my makeup/hair before I go to school, because I'd rather use that time to get extra sleep. Or spend my money on trendy clothes that will go out of style in the next few years.

common man, we all know you're the type of guy who's living in your mommy basement and ridiculously hungry for the warmth of a woman. Don't try to play it off as if you're a girl : /

Not true. Makeup is when the girl has bad skin or wants to compensate for something. A lot of naturally pretty girls don't put on a lot of makeup. I think most guys would agree it's hotter when she doens't put on much makeup, if any, and looks pretty.

I agree. I can understand some girls like a little mascara and junk which is fine. But on any day of the week I would want a girl who doesn't need to try so hard. I think a girl in a sweater, sweats and no make up can be way better than a girl in short shorts and shot gun make up.

I wonder if you're aware that there exists a high tech device that protects one's hair while enabling one to clean the rest of one's body. It's called a shower cap. Or Saran wrap. Or even a goddamn plastic bag. Just because your hair only needs washing once a week doesn't mean the rest of your bits follow the same rule...

HA ha! Brillant, and well said. :D

Adult hygiene is a shower (or at bare minimum a sponge bath) every day. As unbelievable as it sounds, you're highly unlikely to detect your own stink because you are naturally desensitized to its strength. That's why people with BO don't really know exactly how terrible they stink.

If you're hoping to be a med student, and eventually a doctor, you'll need to master the skill of daily bathing admist an even busier schedule. There will be no sugar scrubs or deep conditioning in that life, my friend! :D Daily showers will be necessary and expected. No patient (or other person for that matter) will be okay with someone touching them who is not freshly washed, and your teachers and colleagues will not be impressed.

It really is possible to pull off a good look in less than an hour! A shower at night allows the hair to dry while you sleep. I flat iron my crazy hair in 15 minutes in the morning and take 5 mins to put on some quick makeup.

It's really about professionalism. Even as a student you have opportunity to make connections and lasting impressions. Thats where those silly put-together girls have the edge! (We'll save the mini skirt wearing, gala makeup people for a seperate discussion. Who knows, maybe they're fashion majors.)

You don't need to walk the runway, but you do need to look good. Do it for your own dignity and work it out. Believe it or not, life gets even busier after undergrad! :o

Less than an hour?

Good lord man I'm out of bed and out the door in 10 minutes, this is why I keep my hair short. Hop in for 5 minutes, hop out pat meself dry, brush the teeth slap on some deodorant and fresh clothes, pop a vitamin, grab a banana and granola bar and I'm out the door! The accompanying adrenaline rush really helps to get the day started!

We all have different standards and maintenance requirements.:D I'd rather a gentler start to my day than what you described J. but it's whatever turns your crank. I work full time in a gov't office so I have to look professional. If I were f/t at uni, I suspect I'd adopt a more relaxed routine for early classes.

Regardless, I think we're all of the consensus that weekend-only shower routines, no matter how thorough, are not sufficient! :o

Night, and happy showering / regular hygiene routine of your choosing.:cool:

I agree. I can understand some girls like a little mascara and junk which is fine. But on any day of the week I would want a girl who doesn't need to try so hard. I think a girl in a sweater, sweats and no make up can be way better than a girl in short shorts and shot gun make up.

Agreed on the doesn't try so hard. Disagree on the sweatpants. It looks like she just crawled out of bed when they wear those. I picture those retard girls who wear pajama bottoms to school with slippers and think it's ok.

Less than an hour?

Good lord man I'm out of bed and out the door in 10 minutes, this is why I keep my hair short. Hop in for 5 minutes, hop out pat meself dry, brush the teeth slap on some deodorant and fresh clothes, pop a vitamin, grab a banana and granola bar and I'm out the door! The accompanying adrenaline rush really helps to get the day started!

So you eat your banana and granola bar and then your teeth are dirtier longer. I prefer to eat before leaving, so as to 1) eat a bigger breakfast 2) brush my teeth and have them clean until lunch time.

By the way, I am not attacking you lol. This is such a dumb thread. I actually like your idea and might try it soon. There is no need to eat "a lot" for breakfast.

I always laugh when guys say they think women look hotter when they "don't wear make-up". The women that you think aren't wearing make-up are probably just wearing a "natural" look. Like this: http://cdn2.blogs.babble.com/family-style/files/2012/05/summwer-glow-poster.jpg. Some concealer, eyebrow pencil and mascara and your face transforms, while looking like you are bare-faced. It's not an all or nothing thing.

I always laugh when guys say they think women look hotter when they "don't wear make-up". The women that you think aren't wearing make-up are probably just wearing a "natural" look. Like this: http://cdn2.blogs.babble.com/family-style/files/2012/05/summwer-glow-poster.jpg. Some concealer, eyebrow pencil and mascara and your face transforms, while looking like you are bare-faced. It's not an all or nothing thing.

No, some girls just don't wear any face makeup. They may wear eye liner and mascara, but no face stuff. I've met many.

....eye liner and mascara are "face makeup". They go on your face. You probably mean foundation. But not wearing foundation =/= not wearing make-up.

Yeah, I thought of that face makeup thing after. You knew what I meant though. The point was there were no powders or whatever going on the faces of some girls. Mascara/Eyeliner = minimal makeup. It's not the same effect as some girl wearing 10 lbs of stuff on her face.

Archived