Premed 101 Forums

Why do some girls put so much effort into their physical appearances, for school?

ciel999

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So you eat your banana and granola bar and then your teeth are dirtier longer. I prefer to eat before leaving, so as to 1) eat a bigger breakfast 2) brush my teeth and have them clean until lunch time.

By the way, I am not attacking you lol. This is such a dumb thread. I actually like your idea and might try it soon. There is no need to eat "a lot" for breakfast.

Ah yes the one flaw in my system...the food after the brushing...

Don't bother deleting "you're an idiot" I can assure you that what you say has no effect on me

And I'm not saying you claimed otherwise. I'm stating that I want a natural girl. You think it's trash that she has sweats. That's your call.

You may want to watch your attitude however. Not a desirable trait.

I've tried, he doesn't see it.

Good job you found the post button. Next time put it all into one.

You could have a 4.0 gpa and a 250 IQ you're still socially inept.

I'm not going to say you're going to fail the med exam cause I'm not doing it. However if I was your attitude and arrogance would single handedly make me say no. Don't pretend you're the smartest person here because I promise you that you aren't.

And one last tip you can get 3.9 all trough school and the guy who got a 3.5 ines school can still be 10 times the doctor you will ever be. Just remember that.

This isn't to say I agree with your assessment of me, but arne't d ickholes absoluteyl necessary for human life on earth? Without them, how would we impregnate females? At some point, there would have to be a hole made somehwere to pull sperm out. Even if you're doing invitro. That would technically be the d ickhole if the current d ickhole didnt' exist. I find your metaphor quite off the mark.

Touché salesman.

It's a known fact that this DB is a troll. Stop feeding him.

Yeah, who needs the 3.9x GPA I'm getting at the moment. The 34 practice test i just wrote the other day. Or the ECs I've listed here in threads.

No.......

WAIT!!

I KNOW WHO!!

THE MEDICAL SCHOOLS NEED THOSE THINGS!!

Don't flatter yourself. You are doing/done a second undergrad. It's expected that you get a high GPA. I would be worried if you didn't. Same applies for your ECs.

Socially inept? Aren't you the monkey who agreed with me on a subject, then said I claimed the opposite of what I actually claimed? Those are some graet social skills. I bet you're the king of the students with disabilities section of your school.

And arrogance? WHO ARE YOU?? LOL What do I care about your feeble opinion?

No Monkey, the 3.5 won't be a better doctor because of "who they are". Firstly, you dont' know me. Secondly, even if what you perceive about me were true, it wouldnt' make a difference because SKILLS ARE ALL THAT MATTER. In reality, not your delusional fantasy, all that's required is you be good at your job. Being "nice" has nothing to do with it as long as you're doing your job well (which includes being nice to your patients). Being nice to some reject named Nathan on a message board is not part of a doctors job.

FYI though. My IQ is actually around the 150 range truth be told. If someone has a higher IQ than that here, then bravo to them, but I think I'll manage with what I have.

Cool story bro.

Now you just look stupid. If you don't care what I think stop getting so sad about everything and picking fights with everyone. It's the internet, no thug life here.

FYI though. My IQ is actually around the 982 range truth be told. If someone has a higher IQ than that here, then bravo to them, but I think I'll manage with what I have.

The great thing about the internet? I can say anything and you can't prove it wrong ;)

ffs, what a b*tch this guy can be. You think adcom can't see through your bs? I could just imagine how arrogant you are in person. You must be one of those individuals who thinks way too highly of himself. Why don't you learn to be more humble? I say this for your sake. I could relate as I use to be an as$ like you when I was 19, but I soon learned the flaws in my mentality.

I really hope you're trolling with this nonsense. If you're not, I REALLY hope your referees would write an honest letter of you.

I've held back on this reply. Grow up ffs. At least have some respect for others. Treat others the way you would like to be treated. From the sounds of everything, you like to be treated like dirt.

• 2 weeks later...

wow, reading that quote is quite shocking. lol, i love iq eh, i have a below average iq overall because my visual memory, short term memory, abstract visual spatial skills (like the perceptual ability stuff on the dat, or engineering drafting) are all way below the bottom one percentile, but i have an insane working memory, which one of the hugest deficits in people with add, which makes add adventageous to me... the reason i have the good working memory is because i lost my short term mem because of the meds i have to take for a neurovisual condition, which totally messed up my visuo-spatial abilities (not like in real life tasks, but ones on paper or screen), the gaba-a agonism which kills my hippocampus, which contrary to popular belief isn't the memory centre, more the spatial memory centre, the nearby entorhinal cortex is more general memory, but your limbic system and individual learning styles play a role, i can go on for 50 pages, but the point is, most people who meet me think i'm a genius, because intelligence is mostly linguistically assessed on an every day basis, but i forget where i put my keys 10 seconds ago... but have had over 4 2 hr convos with strangers in the last 2 days... so genius, retarded... what i am i, lol, in the end, does it even matter what a stupid number sais?

also, i just ripped this, but it's a nice summary:

Doctor comes from the Latin doctoris. The English took it from the Old French, who took it from the Medieval Latin meaning teacher, which originates from the verb docere meaning to teach. From this it can be said that the role of doctors should be that of teaching and counselling patients, in addition to teaching the younger generation of doctors and not just simply to prescribe medication. This could be a reason why patient education is becoming more prevalent in medical practice today and is necessary for good patient care. Patient education can be interpreted by the saying ‘give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach him to fish and he will eat for a lifetime’, so educating patients about management of their illness such as diabetes or obesity can lead to long term benefits compared to solely prescribing medication

finally, brooksbane is right on, i dress well, shave, exercise... people make schematic assesments about your personality, competancy, social class, interests, everything really... when they first see you, i like min make up chicks who take care of themselves physically and aren't uber femme, but still stylish... cause yeah, iuno, clothes and showering are cool, and when a program director sees you don't shower, they'll prob extrapolate that apathy to other aspects of your life... so brush your teeth, shower, grab a new sweater... eq is every bit as important is iq ;)

Cool story bro.

Now you just look stupid. If you don't care what I think stop getting so sad about everything and picking fights with everyone. It's the internet, no thug life here.

FYI though. My IQ is actually around the 982 range truth be told. If someone has a higher IQ than that here, then bravo to them, but I think I'll manage with what I have.

The great thing about the internet? I can say anything and you can't prove it wrong ;)

hehe, i'm going to vicariously respond to queermo dude by responding to this, but it's intended to h-something... i'm a lot smarter than you, period, end of discussion... see, that's internet talk... but don't take my word for it, i have like 4000 posts, many of which reach the 10000 character limit... read some of the ones i put effort into, and i didn't have anywhere your immaculate gpa... then again, you always get a b+ in your first phil class, especially when you sign up for existentialism with a bunch of phil majors and have a test the day after you show up cause you switch into it last minute because anatomy class was too much science non-thinking ;), but im not fighting, just having fun tbh, lol. also, nate seems like a pretty dec person, on an aside, lol.

Queermo? Nice one. I'm not fighting, I'm actually laughing at you :) Go find a forum else where. Clearly you aren't very well liked here.

hehe, i'm going to vicariously respond to queermo dude by responding to this, but it's intended to h-something... i'm a lot smarter than you, period, end of discussion... see, that's internet talk... but don't take my word for it, i have like 4000 posts, many of which reach the 10000 character limit... read some of the ones i put effort into, and i didn't have anywhere your immaculate gpa... then again, you always get a b+ in your first phil class, especially when you sign up for existentialism with a bunch of phil majors and have a test the day after you show up cause you switch into it last minute because anatomy class was too much science non-thinking ;), but im not fighting, just having fun tbh, lol. also, nate seems like a pretty dec person, on an aside, lol.

Hah, well thanks for the compliment :)

Whenever I get out of class and walk through the hallways, I would see girls standing there, looking like they just came out of a beauty/fashion magazine cover. They would have their hair very nicely done (which must have taken them well over an hour to do). They would have their makeup very nicely done as well (including foundations, bronzers), and the clothes they wear look way more appropriate to wear at a party, rather than for school.

I don't understand.... why do some girls put in so much time and effort to look good, just for school? As a university student, I'm so busy that I don't even have time to shower during the weekdays. Also, I value my sleep more, so as soon as I wake up in the morning, I brush my hair, and then I'm out the door.

Cause they want to attract guys.

And how do you not have time to shower? How many hours a day you put into school work? I'm in the gym 15 hours a week and spend several hours a day on school work... and yet still have time to manage other basic things (like showering :) ).

Yeah, showering isn't that demanding you know, LOL!

Cause they want to attract guys.

And how do you not have time to shower? How many hours a day you put into school work? I'm in the gym 15 hours a week and spend several hours a day on school work... and yet still have time to manage other basic things (like showering :) ).

a new undergrad student in our lab made me think of this thread... very pungent odors, and judging by the rest of the student's appearance it seems likely that a daily shower is not in the schedule. within a day, people in our lab have brought up the issue, and neighbouring labs have come over to complain to us. it's putting everyone in an awkward situation... please shower and put effort into your appearance and in being professional!

Archived