Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites (2013)

Timestamp and Format: 1:15pm email and a package in the mail

Invite/Rejection: Invite :)

cGPA: 3.96

VR Score: 11

How you felt the CASPER went: I thought it was a mess, but an average mess?

In province or out of province: In Province

Currently year: 4

So excited. I was really nervous about how casper went, but I'm glad it was okay! Congrats to everyone who got an interview. And best of luck next year or with other schools if you didn't.

If anyone was wondering about numbers, the interview package said that over 4500 people applied, and 550 are being interviewed.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey guys,

Time stamp: 1:11pm

Invite/Rejection: Invite

GPA: 3.83

MCAT: 10VR

Casper: left a couple empty because of time and felt my answers were not as complete/developed as I would have liked. I thought I did poorly.

Province : IP

Good luck and congratulations

P.S: Would you guys be down to post the first letter of your last name as well? trying to see if there is an alphabetical order to the invites and if this will span over a couple days?

Last Name: A

Timestamp and Format: Email timestamped 1:11pm... but it didn't arrive in my inbox until after 3:00 (and I was checking all day!)

Invite/Rejection: Invite :)

cGPA: 3.98

VR Score: 13

How you felt the CASPER went: Decently - not great, but not terrible. Felt like most of my answers were "okay".

In province or out of province: IP

Currently year: Graduated last May, currently taking a year off and working full-time.

Can't wait to meet everybody at the MMI! :)

Hey guys,

Casper: left a couple empty because of time and felt my answers were not as complete/developed as I would have liked. I thought I did poorly.

P.S: Would you guys be down to post the first letter of your last name as well? trying to see if there is an alphabetical order to the invites and if this will span over a couple days?

I don't think that there is an alphabetical order. I know 5 people with varied first/last names that all heard back by e-mail today around 1:15 PM.

Timestamp and Format: 12:15pm (Saskatchewan time, so 1:15pm in Hamilton) E-mail

cGPA: 3.72

VR Score: 12

How you felt the CASPER went: I wasn't terribly excited or unhappy after the fact, so I'd say it went decently.

In province or out of province: OOP

Currently year: Finished undergrad this past December

Hey guys,

yeah, my last name starts with S. So.. further down for sure, name doesn't seem to matter.

Timestamp and Format: assumed

Invite/Rejection: rejection

cGPA: 3.93

VR Score: 9

How you felt the CASPER went: pretty poorly. I felt like I just didn't type fast enough to get all my ideas through.

Currently year: 4th.

Timestamp and Format: 1:11pm (e-mail)

cGPA: 3.96

VR Score: 10

How you felt the CASPER went: Immediately after I thought it had gone well, but the more I thought about it the worse I thought I did. I'm not a very accurate typer so I had many spelling mistakes, and didn't capitalize the beginning of my sentences or the word "I", so there's some evidence that stuff doesn't matter :)

Currently year: 4th year

Timestamp and Format: E-mail, time-stamped at 1:15pm

cGPA: 3.55

How you felt the CASPER went: About as good as it could have - rushed, but plenty of solid answers

Currently year: Third year of 2nd undergrad

Invited, OoP!!!! So stoked/surprised/excited :).

Timestamp and Format: 1:17PM, e-mail

Invite/Rejection: Invite :D

cGPA: 3.98 (OMSAS)

How you felt the CASPER went: Had absolutely no idea, but I was happy that my answers reflected what I felt I would 'really' do in each situation rather than what I thought they were looking for. I think that this is really important to be as genuine as possible and represent yourself as best you can to the AdComs.

In province or out of province: Out of Province (Quebec)

Currently year: 4th year

Timestamp and Format: 1:13pm, e-mail

Invite/Rejection: Invite!

cGPA: 3.93

How you felt the CASPER went: fairly good, but sometimes had a very short answer for the 3rd question in a section

In province or out of province: In province

Currently year: 4th year undergrad

Timestamp and Format: 1:11pm, email

Invite/Rejection: invite

cGPA: 3.95

How you felt the CASPER went: During CASPer I felt pretty great about it, but after I felt kind of "meh". Doubt has a funny way of creeping in on you the more you think about things.

Currently year: 4th

Timestamp and Format: 1:17pm, email

Invite/Rejection: invite

cGPA: 3.97

How you felt the CASPER went: Felt I had a few great answers but mostly just average answers. to be honest I felt that a lot of it seemed obvious and that I wouldn't stand out because of it. Clearly with strong stats in other areas it was enough!

Currently year: 3rd year

So for those who did not get an email or mail regarding invites today, do we just assume that we got rejected? (I see people writing "assumed rejection")

that's right. this is how it was carried out last year. The only difference this year is that mail is being sent out for rejection at the same time as opposed to last year where rejections were sent out much later (2 weeks later)

Timestamp and Format: 1:14pm, email

cGPA: 3.60

How you felt the CASPER went: Felt ok--but I find (my) self-assessment of CASPer performance is not really that reliable. Was rejected twice in the past with the same GPA and VR... I think using a smaller and more comfortable keyboard helped this time around.

Currently year: Finished masters... working

Timestamp and Format: snail mail, some time today

Invite/Rejection: rejection (like a boss)

cGPA: 3.87

VR Score: 10

How you felt the CASPER went: I thought it went alright, hard to tell.

Currently year: 2nd year masters

like a boss:

Archived