Premed 101 Forums

Interview Invites (2013)

Timestamp and Format: Mail Jan24

Invite/Rejection: Rejection

cGPA: 3.75

VR Score: 11

How you felt the CASPER went: I thought I did average on most of the questions with a couple of really good questions and a couple of bad ones

but who really knows.

In province or out of province: In province

Currently year: completed 2 undergrad degrees

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Timestamp and Format: Email Jan24

Invite/Rejection:Invite!!!

cGPA: 3.95

VR Score: 10

How you felt the CASPER went: I thought I did average on most of the questions with a couple of really good questions and a couple of bad ones

but who really knows.

Currently year: Currently finishing 4th year

Super late, but may be useful for people next year.

Timestamp and Format: Email Jan 23

Invite/Rejection: Invite

cGPA: 3.85

How you felt the CASPER went: I actually felt good about it. I thought there were a few scenarios with a DEFINITE right answer and basically flat out wrote that "the other side" was ridiculous. I worried a bit that this might have damaged my chances, but it felt more sincere to write like that than try to decide what they wanted me to write. I guess it all worked out though! :)

Currently year: Finished undergrad in 2011, took 2 years off.

I haven't received a email or a package in the mail! I am worried, should I call or wait a couple days? My home is in northern alberta so maybe it takes that long to arrive? who was the sender of the email so maybe I can check my junk box?

Thx

Unfortunately no email means no interview invite. However there's still a small chance that you're waitlisted for an interview which would be indicated in the letter. I'm in the greater toronto area and I got my letter on Thursday so I wouldn't be too concerned. It's supposed to take an extra day for out of province and since you're up north it might take another extra day or two.

:sadface Are you sure? I saw a few people posting that they got a rejection email. My only hope is alberta now!

No, you didn't see anyone posting they got a rejection email. Hopefully the letter finds you soon- even if it doesn't, and if you are on the waitlist and happen to get an invite, the admissions office will email & call you to let you know anyways.

Timestamp and Format: Mail Jan 28 addressed Jan 15

Invite/Rejection: Rejection :(

cGPA: 3.97

How you felt the CASPER went: Very glitchy, but I thought I did average to above average, and thought I had the non-trad background to help me with this . . . disappointed to think the computer stuff could have affected the result.

In province or out of province: IP

Currently year: Graduated

Hey all,

Been reading this forum for a while, thought it was about time I create an account and start contributing!

Timestamp and Format: Mail Jan 24 addressed Jan 15

Invite/Rejection: Invite

cGPA: 3.98

How you felt the CASPER went: Not well honestly - didn't feel I represented myself well and barely got a couple of sentences out for one or two questions.

Currently year: 4th year, but enrolled in a 5 year co-op undergrad, so equivalent to 3rd year academically

Timestamp and Format: Mail Jan 25 addressed Jan 15

Invite/Rejection: Rejection

cGPA: 3.90

How you felt the CASPER went: I felt like it went quite well.

In province or out of province: OOP

Currently year: BSc (honours) taking a year off while I apply to schools.

Timestamp and Format: Mailed letter

Invite/Rejection: Regrets

cGPA: 3.92

VR Score: 9

How you felt the CASPER went: Not so great. Even though the first few went well, about 5 videos in a row froze near the end.

In province or out of province: OOP

Currently year: Graduated last year

I'm interested as well. I'm wondering what it took from an OOP applicant to get an interview seeing as I felt my VR was the weakest part of my application to Mac.

It is above minimum, but not where I want it to be. Enough said.

To be fair I felt like I killed the casper, and I might be wrong on my GPA. It could be as high as 3.99.

Was too depressed to post at first, but since I got an invite at Queen's this year, I will for posterity's sake:

Regrets

cGPA: 3.63

Grad student: MA complete

VR: 11

Casper: Felt it went poorly this year. I was functioning on no sleep (shouldn't have booked 8:00 am time slot). Being on the lower end of invited applicants, I figure I have to blow Casper away.

Also, IP.

Invite

GPA: 3.94 (with worst year taken out = 3.96)

VR = 11

Casper = Some sections went well, other's not so good as I only got a sentence or two out and sometimes an incomplete sentence before it timed me out.

Year: Have a BSc in Engineering, Co-op 2011.

OOP applicant.

Timestamp and Format: Jan 15, snail mail

Invite/Rejection: Waitlist

cGPA: 3.83

How you felt the CASPER went: Fun but time flew! :)

In province or out of province: In

Currently year: Post-grad

Any word on waitlists? Size/when to hear?

Hi Aca1, interview acceptances have to be mailed back to McMaster by March 1 for early April interviews, therefore if you're on the wait-list I wouldn't expect anything earlier than that?? I haven't seen any actual information on wait-list invitations, but my guess would be they would slot wait-listed applicants in where they need to fill spots.

Timestamp and Format: Jan 15, snail mail

Invite/rejection: Rejection

cGPA: 3.69

VR:11

How you felt the CASPER went: Okay. Could've done better but had some technical difficulties. Definitely felt rushed though

Current Year: 3rd year UG

Archived