Premed 101 Forums

Official University of Alberta 2014 Pharmacy Applicants - Class of 2018

pharmacy233

Has anybody completed the UofA online interview yet? Not asking for any questions, of course, I am simply curious if 2 minutes is really enough to answer whatever it is that they ask? It just seems like such a short time frame compared to usual interviews.

I just completed the interview last night... bombed it though; had someone walk in on me and I kept stuttering and repeating myself to try and tune the dude out :(

Anyways, I found it was a decent amount of time. Any more and I probably would have just been rambling about nothing that would have really contributed. I would say to kind of structure it like an essay; focus on one or two points that you want to use to answer the question, and elaborate on those for a minute each. A minute can feel like a long time if you learn to be very concise, while still giving depth to answers.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I just completed the interview last night... bombed it though; had someone walk in on me and I kept stuttering and repeating myself to try and tune the dude out :(

Anyways, I found it was a decent amount of time. Any more and I probably would have just been rambling about nothing that would have really contributed. I would say to kind of structure it like an essay; focus on one or two points that you want to use to answer the question, and elaborate on those for a minute each. A minute can feel like a long time if you learn to be very concise, while still giving depth to answers.

I am sure it went better than you thought! Whoever reviews the interviews will understand that things like that can happen.

Thanks a lot for the information!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I was trying to do the practice questions for the online interview. I keep getting the same practice question. But in the email it said you could do as many as you want. Any idea how I move to a new practice question without actually starting the interview? Let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

Hi All,

I was trying to do the practice questions for the online interview. I keep getting the same practice question. But in the email it said you could do as many as you want. Any idea how I move to a new practice question without actually starting the interview? Let me know. Any help would be appreciated.

From what I saw, they only give you one practice question but you can do it as many times as you want. If you still want more practice, you can just search online 'common interview questions' and answer them on the video. That's how I'm practising for it.

Well, just completed my interview. Was an....lets say interesting experience I guess seeing as how I literally had never used a webcam before (it is so weird seeing yourself and talking to a screen... :o ). My video was real choppy though, even though I did the test stuff at the beginning and it was working really good during the practice question.....so I'm disappointed with that aspect :( . Hopefully the sound was at least was good. I still would have preferred an MMI...less chance of technological issues and you get to talk to people! :D

Feels so good to have everything completed though! I have that same feeling I did when I finished finals this semester...YAHOO!

Now just have to hurry up and wait...

Has anyone heard the exact days the committee is meeting up this year?

Best of luck to everyone! :)

• 3 weeks later...

It'll be the first week of July, with a few offers maybe going out at the very end of June. This is how it's been the last two years. Should be the same thing this year, unless they have changed something, but I seriously doubt they have.

• 2 weeks later...
OMG Just received my acceptance into UofA Pharmacy!!! I guess pharmhope13 had some inside scoop. They are sending the acceptances already! I am so excited! Hope to see you all in September!

Actually I just underestimated time I was thinking around June 21 :( no email yet ugh heres to hoping

OMG Just received my acceptance into UofA Pharmacy!!! I guess pharmhope13 had some inside scoop. They are sending the acceptances already! I am so excited! Hope to see you all in September!

Seriously? Congrats! But that's a little early and a little odd since the deadline for transcripts hasn't passed yet (not until June 15th).

I am honestly just as shocked. I wasn't expecting anything until July. I am actually so paranoid that its some sort of a mistake, but I keep checking the email and it all seems correct, even includes all the supplementary documentation with my name on it.

I sent my transcripts about 3 weeks ago, but im also a UofA student, so I suppose they could have gotten my transcripts at any time they needed.

I am honestly just as shocked. I wasn't expecting anything until July. I am actually so paranoid that its some sort of a mistake, but I keep checking the email and it all seems correct, even includes all the supplementary documentation with my name on it.

I sent my transcripts about 3 weeks ago, but im also a UofA student, so I suppose they could have gotten my transcripts at any time they needed.

Maybe they got all the transcripts early enough? Who knows but either way congrats here is the facebook link :)https://www.facebook.com/groups/UApharm2018/

So what do you guys think/know? How come news seem to have come up so much earlier this year than previous years or have they (im judging based on last year's forum) and on what people have already commented on in terms of timeline?

Im just wondering whether or not most applicants are still going to be notified by the end of the month.

So what do you guys think/know? How come news seem to have come up so much earlier this year than previous years or have they (im judging based on last year's forum) and on what people have already commented on in terms of timeline?

Im just wondering whether or not most applicants are still going to be notified by the end of the month.

I know a guy who phoned in and Rae said most applicants will find out by the end of the month. #nervous.

Archived