Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT Accepted/Wait listed/Rejected 2014

Applied: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens (all OT)

Accepted: UofT

Rejected: Mac

Waitlisted: Western

Sub-GPA: 3.71

Congrats! May I ask what time Toronto sent the email? I haven't received anything yet and am a little concerned haha

Congratulations to everyone receiving their acceptances and good luck to those on the waitlist

Applied: Western, Mac, Toronto, Queens

Accepted:

Rejected: Mac, Uwo, Queens

Waitlisted: Toronto (#21)

sGPA: 3.76

cGPA: 3.66

Notes: felt as though cap went extremely well, and it must've considering my lower GPA. Experience volunteering as in a physio clinic, +applied research, +working as kinesiologist in physio clinic.

Does anybody know how far they typically move through the waitlist?

Applied: UofT, Mac, and Queens (all PT)

Accepted: UofT, Mac

Rejected: Queens

Sub-GPA: 3.79

Thanks be to God for blessing me. Preparing well for the interviews really helped. Going to workshops and mock interviews offered by my school really helped. SEEK HELP in preparation as I found through this I was able to identify my weaknesses and practice on them. The rest I left in Gods hands. I wasn't 1 bit nervous during the interviews because I knew I did my part.Congrats to all those accepted and encouragement to all others to keep trying.

Just a note to those who may have gotten bad news tonight. Keep your head up. I was there last year, feeling like I had let a lot of people down that had been so supportive. But with the right attitude I went back to school and worked on my GPA, took PT-related courses, volunteered in two different physic clinics, and now I've been accepted at my top choice school. If PT, (or OT) is something you're really passionate about then DON'T GIVE UP!! Yea I kinda gave up a year of my life taking courses that didn't lead to a degree BUT it's all worth it now.

Last year I read a post from someone that got into PT after their third attempt and that's what motivated me to try again. Hopefully this is that motivation post for someone.

Applied: Western, Mac, UofT, Queens (All PT)

Accepted: Western

Waitlisted: Mac (#0?)

Rejected: UofT, Queens

GPA: sGPA 3.9

Applied: Western, Mac, UoT, Queens (all PT)

Rejected: Queens, Mac

Accepted: UoT

Waitlisted: Western

3.88 sub GPA. Mac was my first choice so I am completely torn. Emails are supposed to come out soon re: placement on Western's wait list.

Holy crap, 3.88 isn't a shoe-in at UWO this year?! I'm applying next year and this is disturbing news...

Applied: UofT, Mac, Western, Queens, Albeta (PT & OT)

Accepted: UofT PT (will be accepting) & OT, Western OT, Alberta OT

Rejected: Queens PT, Mac PT, Alberta PT (declined interview)

Waitlisted: Western PT, Mac OT(#58)

sGPA: 3.83

Congrats to all that were accepted today. For those that weren't, please don't give up. I was rejected from all the schools last year. For those that didn't get into Queens I suggest getting in contact with Kathy in mid June, she will let you know why your application was rejected.

Rejected : western, Mac, queens pt

Accepted: UofT OT, haven't heard from western or queens ot

Wait list: UofT #44

Sub 3.8

Second year trying, best of luck to those who made it. Time to reinvent myself. Must have really bombed interviews since I've worked in pt clinics for 12 years. Oh well

Rejected : western, Mac, queens pt

Accepted: UofT OT, haven't heard from western or queens ot

Wait list: UofT #44

Sub 3.8

Second year trying, best of luck to those who made it. Time to reinvent myself. Must have really bombed interviews since I've worked in pt clinics for 12 years. Oh well

Congratulations on your U of T OT offer! That's wonderful! :) I get the sense that PT was your preference though. Will you be accepting for OT?

Applied:U of T, Mac, Western, Queens (all PT)

Accepted:U of T, Western

Waitlisted:

Rejected:Queens, Mac

sGPA: ~3.95

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I thought CAP went really well. I had mixed feelings about the MMI, I guess it went pretty badly given my GPA. I don't have any physio specific experience for the Queens essays, but I did have lots of volunteering with people with disabilities.

I will probably accept U of T, still not sure though

Applied:U of T, Mac, Western, Queens (all PT)

Accepted:U of T, Western

Waitlisted:

Rejected:Queens, Mac

sGPA: ~3.95

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I thought CAP went really well. I had mixed feelings about the MMI, I guess it went pretty badly given my GPA. I don't have any physio specific experience for the Queens essays, but I did have lots of volunteering with people with disabilities.

I will probably accept U of T, still not sure though

Lol it seems like queens rejects anyone with a 3.75+ GPA just so they dont have to go thru the waitlist bull**** from people accepting at other schools.

Congratulations on your U of T OT offer! That's wonderful! :) I get the sense that PT was your preference though. Will you be accepting for OT?

If I get accepted at western then I will

Likely pursue disability management as a career since I have been working in RMT for 12 years. It would be a logical choice at that point. My vacation starts today lol, was hoping to have good news before I left. :(