Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/waitlisted/rejected For 2015 Cycle

• Replies 636
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yup. Got an email this morning telling me I'm waitlisted. They don't mention anything about the waitlist except that they can't tell me my place.

Hmm I would wait a couple of weeks and then try calling them - I was told that decisions wouldn't go out till end of April but seems they will be making it throughout the month of April... so maybe when things calm down from them in a couple of weeks to try and get that information :)

just got waitlisted for Dalhousie OT. Does anyone know if they waitlist OOP and atlantic applicants on the same list or if they have separate lists?

I believe that it is separate lists for OOP vs. Nova Scotia applicants. Are you OOP or a Nova Scotia resident?

I'm and OOP resident....so very worried

Hi OT_hopeful2015, the Dal FAQ for OT that was sent to me by a member of the faculty says this:  An individual’s ranking is affected not only by their academic merit but also by the Atlantic Provinces designated seat structure of the program. The waiting list closes on the first day of classes in September of the admission year. 

Based on this, I think it may be one list, but the order that you are placed in takes into consideration if you are OOP already. It seems like Dal is on top of things this year - I know you don't know how far you are on the list but I think there are probably quite a few accepted applicants who will be declining once they hear from Ontario schools on May 15th. Chin up!! 

Does mac send out rejection emails for OT interviews? Or do only those who receive interviews get emails? I still haven't heard anything, even though I make the cutoff of 3.69 

Mac does send out rejection letters. I believe they sent out their initial wave of invitations and they are waiting for declines. That way they can send out more invitations before the rejection letters.

Hi OT_hopeful2015, the Dal FAQ for OT that was sent to me by a member of the faculty says this:  An individual’s ranking is affected not only by their academic merit but also by the Atlantic Provinces designated seat structure of the program. The waiting list closes on the first day of classes in September of the admission year. 

Based on this, I think it may be one list, but the order that you are placed in takes into consideration if you are OOP already. It seems like Dal is on top of things this year - I know you don't know how far you are on the list but I think there are probably quite a few accepted applicants who will be declining once they hear from Ontario schools on May 15th. Chin up!!

That's helpful info. I received an email saying I was waitlisted for Dalhousie OT too, (and I'm and OOP applicant). So stressful not knowing your place on the list! But yes May 15th couldn't come any faster!

I just called Pamela regarding OT second round interview offers. She said if people don't respond or reject the interview invites from first round, the second round interview offers will be sent April 16. She asked me about my sGPA(3.65) and said they may get down to it.

that makes me feel better! thanks!  SO excited to potentially visit the east coast!

I just called Pamela regarding OT second round interview offers. She said if people don't respond or reject the interview invites from first round, the second round interview offers will be sent April 16. She asked me about my sGPA(3.65) and said they may get down to it.

There's definitely hope for those of us just a bit below the cut-off! When I spoke to Pam, she said interview offers will continue to go out as people decline. But if no one declines until the 15th, second round people have to wait till then (as nc2015 said). The point being, if you know for sure you're declining, PLEASE do that asap. It saves us a little bit of (extremely stressful) waiting. Thank you :)

Archived