Premed 101 Forums

Western Interview Discussion 2015

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

there is someone in the invites thread that got an invite with below 3.7 gpa? How is that possible? Their EC's do look impressive but I thought Western had a pure cutoff system?

they do - there is a mistake somewhere (sometimes the student calculates GPA incorrectly, western only takes the top 5.0 credits and they have more in the year considered.....)

Anyone have any idea when the interview weekend schedules would typically be released?

Also is the campus tour around the whole university (i.e. will we be going outdoors)?

There should be a campus tour, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. :P If you get in you'll pretty much be spending 95% of your time in Med Sci, and maybe 5% in the UCC. The gym might be worth checking out if you plan on being healthy or whatever.

There should be a campus tour, but you don't have to do it if you don't want to. :P If you get in you'll pretty much be spending 95% of your time in Med Sci, and maybe 5% in the UCC. The gym might be worth checking out if you plan on being healthy or whatever.

Cool thanks! Was just asking so I know to dress appropriately for the weather (jacket-wise or shoe-wise), but I'll probably go on the tour :P The cold might be a good way to get over post-interview anxiety

Says the vegan.

• 2 weeks later...

Gosh, I can't believe I was doing this 4 years ago, and the students hanging out with me/interviewing me/taking me to interviews are now residents and I'm counting down the days to match day.  Time flies, guys :D

I'll probably be there at least one of the days, hopefully, and get to meet some of you.

Gosh, I can't believe I was doing this 4 years ago, and the students hanging out with me/interviewing me/taking me to interviews are now residents and I'm counting down the days to match day.  Time flies, guys :D

I'll probably be there at least one of the days, hopefully, and get to meet some of you.

ha, yeah it is amazing how quickly things go by :) - next year about 1/2 of my class start their practises as family doctors.

Don't second guess yourself after the fact.

I'm trying to follow my own advice right now waiting for Match Day but - you always remember most the things you said that you feel didn't sound good, and forget all the answers you nailed.  And you never know what interviewers are looking for or what they hear in your answers.  And everyone is nervous - so you won't be the only one who doesn't nail every question.

I got accepted to McMaster and I felt like that interview went hideously for me.  Got rejected by other schools where I felt the interview had gone better.  Don't remember how I felt about Western.

Don't second guess yourself after the fact.

I'm trying to follow my own advice right now waiting for Match Day but - you always remember most the things you said that you feel didn't sound good, and forget all the answers you nailed.  And you never know what interviewers are looking for or what they hear in your answers.  And everyone is nervous - so you won't be the only one who doesn't nail every question.

I got accepted to McMaster and I felt like that interview went hideously for me.  Got rejected by other schools where I felt the interview had gone better.  Don't remember how I felt about Western.

You remember that bad stuff, and underestimate the good stuff. Just the way most people seem to think.

They really are just trying to get to know you. Remember if you are there then the school is very interested in you. You simply wouldn't be there otherwise.

You remember that bad stuff, and underestimate the good stuff. Just the way most people seem to think.

They really are just trying to get to know you. Remember if you are there then the school is very interested in you. You simply wouldn't be there otherwise.

I approve of the new picture in your signature. I'm glad that you pretty much listened to my suggestion

Don't want to hijack the thread so I guess I can offer my own last minute tip:

Go in there and be natural. They just want to get to know you, that's really all there is to it. Just remember that you already have what it takes to be there. That's why you got the interview. If they didn't think you had "the stuff", then you wouldn't have been invited. So go in there and show them why it would be their honour for you to enroll in their medical school.

Archived