Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

1) Are we supposed to receive an email from the university if we accept the offer on ORPAS? I haven't received anything from Queen's yet :/

2) Did anyone else not hear from Dal OT at all? :/ 

I accepted my Queen's offer a few days ago and still haven't heard anything from Queen's. I'm assuming they're waiting for the transcripts?

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: UBC, UofA, UofT (all OT)
Accepted: UofA, UofT
Waitlisted:
Rejected: UBC
cumGPA: 3.90

subGPA: 3.95
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I feel that my personal statements and essays were strong. I have 4+ years of research experience and have worked in a retirement home for 3+ years and volunteered for a physiotherapy clinic for 1 year. I had great references from my professors and supervisors from my research positions. I did get an interview at UBC, but I don't think it went very well... I was extremely nervous and felt like I didn't answer their questions fully which probably hurt my chances a lot. I have decided to accept UofT so a spot will open up for UofA! Excited to start in September and looking forward to meeting all of you going to Toronto!

1) Are we supposed to receive an email from the university if we accept the offer on ORPAS? I haven't received anything from Queen's yet :/

2) Did anyone else not hear from Dal OT at all? :/ 

If you haven't heard from Dal OT at all by this point I would suggest calling and/or e-mailing next week! Chrissy Bartlett has responded to both my calls and e-mails pretty quickly.

Firmly Accepted the OT offer from UofT.

UWO waitlist should move up as a result.

Best of luck to everyone!

How was the uoft OT welcome event? I couldn't attend it

Welcome event was good. I'd be lying if I said it didn't influence me at least a bit. It was basically an introduction to the program (studies, placements, etc...), a few testimonials from students, Q&A, and a tour of the Rehabilitation Sciences building (where most of our schooling will take place).

Just firm accepted OT at UofT !

Declined spots at Mac, Western and McGill. Hopefully waitlists move significantly for all of you in the next few days :)

McGill acceptances to QY OT were sent out today as well.

Just firmly accepted my Western PT offer!

Declined my UofT, Queen's and McMaster offers so waitlists should be moving up soon!

Best of luck to everybody!

Congrats on making your decision! I was hoping you'd choose one of the other schools since I'm on the UWO waitlist :P

Do you know if many people have firmly accepted their UWO positions, or are we expecting a lot of waitlist movement like previous years? 

Archived