Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Hey PT2018 Hopeful,

Haha thanks! It was a tough decision!

I actually have no idea how many have accepted. It's tough because you only know if you're upper, middle or lower third and not your exact position there. I think the waitlist is 180 so it's really up in the air.

But good luck to you and hopefully you get off the waitlist!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I received acceptance to an OT program this April, and was still enrolled in one winter term (Jan-April) course. I did really bad in it....I received a C-. It wasn't a pre-requisite for the OT program but now I'm freaking out that a C- looks really bad. A graduate school wouldn't revoke my admission offer over one C-....would they?  :wacko: I feel like I'm being so totally paranoid over this whole admissions process!

Dal OT vs Queen's OT?

Can someone list the pros and cons? I have done enough research and asked a few students.

I'm looking for more insight and opinions on the two programs.

My friend's mom works as an OT in Kingston and she told me that she is constantly having to turn Queen students away. Kingston is small and therefore there are not a lot of placement options for students.  I've heard of students having to do there placement in other cities. So that's one con to Queens.  Unfortunately I can't comment on placement options for Dal.    

Dal OT vs Queen's OT?

Can someone list the pros and cons? I have done enough research and asked a few students.

I'm looking for more insight and opinions on the two programs.

My friend's mom works as an OT in Kingston and she told me that she is constantly having to turn Queen students away. Kingston is small and therefore there are not a lot of placement options for students.  I've heard of students having to do there placement in other cities. So that's one con to Queens.  Unfortunately I can't comment on placement options for Dal.    

I interned with a woman who is an OT in Halifax, and she described the same thing pretty much. There aren't many placement options for graduates there due to the size of the city, and she mentioned to me that a lot moved to find work as well. Best of luck in your decision, let us know what you choose :) 

Applied: Western, McMaster (OT)
Accepted: McMaster
Waitlisted:
Rejected: Western

cumGPA: 3.89

subGPA: 3.9
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: Volunteered for over 5 years at a mental health facility working alongside an OT. Volunteered at a hospital in the day surgery unit for just over a year. Have been a volunteer firefighter for just over 2 years, in addition to a medical first responder.

Archived