Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Applied: Mac, Queen's, Western (all OT)

Waitlisted: Mac, Western

Accepted: Queen's

cGPA: 3.72

I honestly didn't expect to get into Queen's (my top choice was Mac but I'm pretty low on the waitlist so that's probably not happening). My average isn't that high so I guess they liked my application. 

Congrats to everyone who got in and for those that didn't, don't give up!  :)

Did the email say anything about GPA cut offs? And sorry you got rejected :(

No it didn't mention anything about GPA cut offs, and thank you. I got into Western and I am waitlisted at Mac, Queens was probably my last choice. Still don't understand what Queens is looking for honestly.

Accepted to Dal OT today - I was on the wait list so I assume the recent Ontario school decisions had a role to play.

Looking forward to seeing everyone in the fall! Good luck to everyone still waiting on a decision and those wait listed!

Just got my rejection from Queens OT. Still waiting to hear from Toronto.

Did the email say how many people applied to Queen's? Earlier I got rejected from U of T and it just said 850 people applied for 89 seats. I wonder if it's similar number of applicants for Queens as well. Not hearing any update is killing me :(

Wow, the Western PT wait list is 182 people... I was hopeful last night when I saw that I was waitlisted but now that I see that I'm in the lowest 3rd of that list I feel like there's no chance at all with 120 people before me.  Guess I just have to work harder for next year!

Applied: U of Manitoba, McGill, U of T, Queens, Mac, Western (All PT)

Accepted: U of Manitoba, Queens, Western

Pending: McGill (interview yesterday)

Waitlisted:

Rejected: U of T, McMaster

cumGPA: 3.61

subGPA: 3.78

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: 5 year Varsity athlete with 100 plus hours volunteering in both Physio clinics and Senior residences. The Past two summers I've had the opportunity to work as a NSCA-CPT with athletes, general pop and persons with a disability. Have also worked as a research assistant in a motor control lab this year but only started in the first semester. Felt as though the essays went well. References were a Physio who owns the gym where I work and the professor I'm working for as a research assistant.

congrats

Applied: Western, UofT, Mac, Queen's (PT)
Accepted: Queen's PT
Rejected: Everywhere else
GPA: cum 3.43 sub: 3.73

This is my second time applying so I am very excited. I knew Queen's was my only shot with my GPA. I love that Queen's focuses on experience not marks. I have thousands of hours in physio related experience, which honestly I think prepares me to be a PT more than having a high GPA would! I missed the GPA cutoff last year at Queen's by 0.01. So I took 3 courses from Athabasca and boosted my marks. I found their courses very easy to do well in. 

WaitListed for UofT PT, how do some of you know what position you are on the UofT PT waitlist? My email doesn't give me a position. Do I have to call them?

Did you just hear back from UofT now? I'm still waiting to hear back from them for OT. I have been trying to call them but they close at 4:30 mon-fri 

Did you just hear back from UofT now? I'm still waiting to hear back from them for OT. I have been trying to call them but they close at 4:30 mon-fri 

Not just now, I got an email from them this morning and just says im waitlisted, however, no specific position.

Not just now, I got an email from them this morning and just says im waitlisted, however, no specific position.

There must be some sort of glitch in their system that I haven't heard back from them by 5pm.. I'm assuming everyone has heard from UofT at this point... Not sure what to do now. That is too bad that they didn't tell you where you stand on the waitlist. It is very convenient that they sent out decisions the Friday before a long weekend so nobody can contact them with waitlist questions. 

He everyone!

Accepted: McMaster, Western, Queens

Waitlisted : U of T ( #2 on waitlist)

I haven't decided where I want to go yet... I'm 99% going to choose McMaster but I am super nervous about the PBL. I'm more into structured letures so I'm worried it wont fit my learning style Does anyone know anything about the Western program in comparison to McMaster?

Archived