Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Accepted into Queen's PT/OT, U of T OT, Mac OT. 
cGPA 3.80; subGPA 3.73

I saw a lot of you guys had way higher marks than I did and got rejected by Queen's. Just so you know, I've got about 200 hrs of work experience in a rehab clinic under a PT, TA'd 1st year Anatomy for two years and volunteered in the dissection lab of my university for a year. On top of that, I currently work w/ children w/ disabilities. I've actually taken a gap year and it definitely allowed me to gain some more experience which I'm sure was the differentiating factor in my application. 

I was accepted to Mac OT with a GPA of 3.61

I was offered an interview spot off the wait list, and I guess the interview must have gone well! I thought it would be encouraging to share this to show that it's possible to get in, even with a lower GPA :) 

Accepted to all four OT programs with 3.78 subGPA. Will be rejecting all four as I received medical school admission to McMaster. Best of luck to all the waitlisters and congratulations to all those who have been accepted! 

#6 on the waitlist at MAC.

Well it looks like you're already at #5 on the waitlist. I'd say you have a great chance of getting accepted to MAC

Congrats! Do you already know where you're going?

Thank you!! This is my second year applying so this feels surreal. I'm leaning towards Queen's PT as Kingston's much closer to home than Western!

I'll be refusing my Western OT offer as well, so the waitlist will start moving! Best of luck to you!!

Archived