Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Yeah I'm sorry to hear that you were as well. I was baffled so I emailed asking what went wrong. So even though the interview is only worth 25% , we still need a minimim grade. She won't tell you what your score was unfortunately. It still seems odd to me. Did you feel like your interview went well??

Interesting - I wonder if it works the same way for non-Maritime applicants as well. I feel as though it went well, but the time constraint was tough. I didn't spend a lot of time on my last few questions since I wanted to be able to finish on time. I'm used to having 6-8 minutes to answer MMI questions..

My interview was also by phone, so I wonder if the interviewers would have perceived what I said differently had I been there in-person. I wonder what the weakest points of my application were..

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got admission into U of A PT Calgary campus. I am wondering if would affect my chances if I asked to be transferred to the Edmonton campus should a spot open up there? The hassle of moving provinces and finding accommodation in two cities at beginning might be a bit challenging and quite expensive. Any ideas please?

You are accepted, so there is no harm in asking. Plus, once the deadline to accept is up, the wait list will move and I'm sure spots will open up in Edmonton. For instance, I am on the wait list and definitely want in at Calgary if I get an offer.

If you've already been accepted I don't see any harm in asking. I don't know how the different campuses work but you could always call and ask - worse case they'll tell you that you can't transfer.

Thanks. I did call and ask and they said I could switch. Turns out I chose Calgary as first choice and I thought Edmonton was my first choice. Anyway, it so happens that someone wanted to switch to Calgary so they will contact them and let them know so that we can switch spots. Such a relief. I am so glad I only have to move once now. THanks y'all

You are accepted, so there is no harm in asking. Plus, once the deadline to accept is up, the wait list will move and I'm sure spots will open up in Edmonton. For instance, I am on the wait list and definitely want in at Calgary if I get an offer.

I hope you get in. I really do. Once the Ontario results come out, I am positive the waitlist will move up so keeping my fingers crossed for you.

From what I read the interview is only worth 25%, so it's possible we (as I was rejected too) did interview well, and that we were rejected for other reasons.. Sorry to hear about that though  :(

Hi Crystal!

Would you mind sharing your GPA for Dal? I'm waitlisted and from NB, so I'm anxiously awaiting some news!

Thanks. I did call and ask and they said I could switch. Turns out I chose Calgary as first choice and I thought Edmonton was my first choice. Anyway, it so happens that someone wanted to switch to Calgary so they will contact them and let them know so that we can switch spots. Such a relief. I am so glad I only have to move once now. THanks y'all

See you in edmonton =)

Hey guys! I just got an acceptance email from UofM for OT, so you should all be hearing soon! Good luck!

congrats. The UofM program seems like a really good one and the interview and tour was well organized. Plus the tuition is great. Congrats again.  Manitoba is a pretty chill place to live if you can stand the winters. 

Archived