Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Anyone heard from UofT OT? My ROSI/ACORN status suddenly says INVITED today... Didn't get any email though.

Hey there! I'm from UofT too and my rosi/acorn status says the exact same thing! I'm really hoping it's not a glitch but I'm not going to get my hopes up too soon yet. We'll have to wait and see :)

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You said your interview was April 29? I thought all interviews were April 23. Also, what made you choose Calgary if you are moving from out of province anyway?

there was one group that had interviews on apr 29 as well. I was actually invited off of the interview waitlist. I chose Edmonton first, then Calgary then Camrose. I was offered Calgary and I am happy with that. I am just glad i got in 

there was one group that had interviews on apr 29 as well. I was actually invited off of the interview waitlist. I chose Edmonton first, then Calgary then Camrose. I was offered Calgary and I am happy with that. I am just glad i got in 

Oh that's fantastic! Congratulations, I didn't know it worked that way. You must be stoked!

Hey there! I'm from UofT too and my rosi/acorn status says the exact same thing! I'm really hoping it's not a glitch but I'm not going to get my hopes up too soon yet. We'll have to wait and see :)

Heyyyy nice to hear that! Haha I know it's not good to keep the expectation too high but I just can't help with it. 

Good luck to you as well :)

I also got into U of A, Edmonton Campus congrats

congrats. I have to find accommodation in two places in addition to moving provinces. That has got to be a piece of cake. pfff :P . See you in Edmonton for the first month anyway. :-)

I've been reading this forum for the last few years and never bothered to make an account. Decided to finally today because I am hopeful this year (Last two years I applied I knew before acceptances came out that I likely wouldn't get one because my grades weren't up to scruff.) I am at least hopeful this year, and if it doesn't work out I'll keep trying :)

Applied: UofT, McMaster, Western, and Queens (all OT)
Accepted: 
Waitlisted:
Rejected:
cumGPA: 3.45

subGPA: 3.84
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:
-450 hours in the geriatric ward of a psychiatric hospital working with patients with a variety of mental health and physical health issues

-150 hours volunteering at a children's therapy centre in tandem with Autism Ontario, particularly with children with developmental disabilities
-100 hours volunteering with Children's Aid Society in a women's shelter and for supervised child visitation
-250 hours working as an Educational Assistant with children with learning disabilities and mobility issues
-100 hours volunteer experience working with immigrants teaching English as a Second Language (only mentioned it to show my ability to overcome communication barriers and to show experience with diversity since I live so far north).

My references were my favourite university professor who I travelled abroad with to study, and who had witnessed me in clinical, classroom, and real life scenarios so she likely had lots of specifics to draw on. The other was my volunteer supervisor from the therapy centre I volunteer at twice weekly for the last few years who also has in-depth knowledge of me, so I feel like if nothing else their analysis of my abilities would be accurate and positive :)

I tried really hard on my essays, and had them edited by my universities academic advising and two university peers. They are spot-on structure and grammatically wise, and I feel the content is a genuine and broad review of my experiences.

Invited for an Interview at McMaster and went, loved the experience and had fun talking to other applicants. I feel it went well, but the time management on my first answer at the written station wasn't excellent and I had a few less sentences than I intended and didn't complete my thought. The second response and the MMI stations went wonderfully. One of the interviewers actually said, "It has been a pleasure, and I hope to see you next year" so that was a good sign for at least one of the stations. :)

WAITING IS DRIVING ME BONKERS. I am counting down to the 10-day countdown. 

I've been reading this forum for the last few years and never bothered to make an account. Decided to finally today because I am hopeful this year (Last two years I applied I knew before acceptances came out that I likely wouldn't get one because my grades weren't up to scruff.) I am at least hopeful this year, and if it doesn't work out I'll keep trying :)

Applied: UofT, McMaster, Western, and Queens (all OT)

Accepted: 

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

cumGPA: 3.45

subGPA: 3.84

Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references:

-450 hours in the geriatric ward of a psychiatric hospital working with patients with a variety of mental health and physical health issues

-150 hours volunteering at a children's therapy centre in tandem with Autism Ontario, particularly with children with developmental disabilities

-100 hours volunteering with Children's Aid Society in a women's shelter and for supervised child visitation

-250 hours working as an Educational Assistant with children with learning disabilities and mobility issues

-100 hours volunteer experience working with immigrants teaching English as a Second Language (only mentioned it to show my ability to overcome communication barriers and to show experience with diversity since I live so far north).

My references were my favourite university professor who I travelled abroad with to study, and who had witnessed me in clinical, classroom, and real life scenarios so she likely had lots of specifics to draw on. The other was my volunteer supervisor from the therapy centre I volunteer at twice weekly for the last few years who also has in-depth knowledge of me, so I feel like if nothing else their analysis of my abilities would be accurate and positive :)

I tried really hard on my essays, and had them edited by my universities academic advising and two university peers. They are spot-on structure and grammatically wise, and I feel the content is a genuine and broad review of my experiences.

Invited for an Interview at McMaster and went, loved the experience and had fun talking to other applicants. I feel it went well, but the time management on my first answer at the written station wasn't excellent and I had a few less sentences than I intended and didn't complete my thought. The second response and the MMI stations went wonderfully. One of the interviewers actually said, "It has been a pleasure, and I hope to see you next year" so that was a good sign for at least one of the stations. :)

WAITING IS DRIVING ME BONKERS. I am counting down to the 10-day countdown. 

You look like a candidate Queens would love. You will likely get into all schools. Good luck to you. btw. your grades are good

You look like a candidate Queens would love. You will likely get into all schools. Good luck to you. btw. your grades are good

agree 100% with laudable, #1 Queens (also you will get acceptance to other schools) cheer up, its only 300 Hrs before we see the results of our labour  :P

I was aware of that fact so I'm feeling surprised and unsure right now. But I'm sure the status (OT MSOT2 2016-2017 Fall/Winter) was not there yesterday.. It even listed the courses in the timetable session :S 

My ROSI says that too! I really hope this is real

Anyone heard from UofT OT? My ROSI/ACORN status suddenly says INVITED today... Didn't get any email though. 

My ROSI status changed to invited too for OT. I also applied to another graduate program at U of T this year and my status on ROSI changed to invited weeks before I got an acceptance letter in the mail. So hopefully this is a good sign! 

I just got an email from dal saying I was waitlisted for PT, pretty much the best I could hope for because I am applying out of province, but it still sucks that it wasn't an acceptance

Better than a rejection  :( It's still possible to get in! I'm OOP as well but was rejected.

I just got an email from dal saying I was waitlisted for PT, pretty much the best I could hope for because I am applying out of province, but it still sucks that it wasn't an acceptance

I got rejected by DAL PT. i did a phone interview. I was so nervous I knew I screwed it up. Congrats and hoping you get in. 

I got rejected by DAL PT. i did a phone interview. I was so nervous I knew I screwed it up. Congrats and hoping you get in. 

Better than a rejection  :( It's still possible to get in! I'm OOP as well but was rejected.

I agree with Crystal93. Got a rejection as well. OOP too. 

I got admission into U of A PT Calgary campus. I am wondering if would affect my chances if I asked to be transferred to the Edmonton campus should a spot open up there? The hassle of moving provinces and finding accommodation in two cities at beginning might be a bit challenging and quite expensive. Any ideas please?

I got admission into U of A PT Calgary campus. I am wondering if would affect my chances if I asked to be transferred to the Edmonton campus should a spot open up there? The hassle of moving provinces and finding accommodation in two cities at beginning might be a bit challenging and quite expensive. Any ideas please?

If you've already been accepted I don't see any harm in asking. I don't know how the different campuses work but you could always call and ask - worse case they'll tell you that you can't transfer.

I heard from Dal PT yesterday as well with a rejection. Apparently, you need a minimum score in the interview to gain a seat or be put on the wait list. I still feel like I gave really great answers, so maybe they were looking for specific things. It sucked to see that rejection letter. I feel pretty embarrassed about it. I only applied to DAL as I live in NS and my GPA is 4.1

I heard from Dal PT yesterday as well with a rejection. Apparently, you need a minimum score in the interview to gain a seat or be put on the wait list. I still feel like I gave really great answers, so maybe they were looking for specific things. It sucked to see that rejection letter. I feel pretty embarrassed about it. I only applied to DAL as I live in NS and my GPA is 4.1

From what I read the interview is only worth 25%, so it's possible we (as I was rejected too) did interview well, and that we were rejected for other reasons.. Sorry to hear about that though  :(

Yeah I'm sorry to hear that you were as well. I was baffled so I emailed asking what went wrong. So even though the interview is only worth 25% , we still need a minimim grade. She won't tell you what your score was unfortunately. It still seems odd to me. Did you feel like your interview went well??

Archived