Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got a rejection email this morning, so you should be getting something soon!

Aw sorry to hear. But congrats on the wait list for Alberta!!! Good luck with that and hope for good news for your other school. What was your GPA if you mind asking? I still never heard from Dal today... Guess I will hear tomorrow

Aw sorry to hear. But congrats on the wait list for Alberta!!! Good luck with that and hope for good news for your other school. What was your GPA if you mind asking? I still never heard from Dal today... Guess I will hear tomorrow

I believe my gpa for dal was 3.57/4.3. I think a big part of it was there was a problem with one of my prerequisites. The letter didn't say why I was rejected though (prereq or gpa) so I'm not sure. I've seen people posting here that got in with somewhere around 3.5 so I don't know.

What was the cut off this year for UoT CAP ?

I think someone posted on a previous page of this thread saying they had received an invite with a subGPA of 3.82, but I'm not sure what the cut-off is. The deadline to respond to the CAP invitation was today at 4 PM, so maybe more invites will go out tomorrow or next week!

Applied: U of T, McMaster, U of A, U of M, Queens, McGill, UBC (All OT)
Accepted: U of A,

Interviews: UBC, U of M, McMaster
Waitlisted:
Rejected: UBC
cumGPA: 3.92

subGPA: 3.88
Perceived strength of essays/interviews/references: I have experience working with individuals with traumatic brain injuries as a community support facilitator as well as over 400 hours of experience working with a PT. 

Hi there!

I'm a NB applicant for Dal OT - my final transcript was only supposedly sent out on Friday, and I haven't heard anything yet... do you think I should be worried? :\

I'm from Manitoba. I mean I was rejected so maybe they're just doing the rejects first?

I would wait until next week and then call them if you still haven't heard anything?

aww. am sure u did great. I heard you dont have to ace them all. I have mine this coming weekend. nerve wracking. At least you are done. all the best. 

I noticed you applied to both OT and PT like I did. Just curious, if you get into both programs which one are you leaning more towards?

Anybody else nervous for the McMaster MMI tomorrow? 

Had mines today too. I was surprised how pleasant the overall process was. The interviewers and volunteer OT students were so nice and welcoming! The writing station was my least favourite part because I am not a very fast writer  <_<

Had mines today too. I was surprised how pleasant the overall process was. The interviewers and volunteer OT students were so nice and welcoming! The writing station was my least favourite part because I am not a very fast writer  <_<

Thanks for sharing. I'm extremely nervous for mine tomorrow, and I was also hoping to be able to type for the writing one haha. Are you able to share how much you had to write/the amount of time allotted?

Thanks for sharing. I'm extremely nervous for mine tomorrow, and I was also hoping to be able to type for the writing one haha. Are you able to share how much you had to write/the amount of time allotted?

As stated in the 'interview instructions' they've sent in an e-mail, the writing station is 8 mins each + 5 scenario/discussion stations. Best of luck to you tomorrow!  :)

As stated in the 'interview instructions' they've sent in an e-mail, the writing station is 8 mins each + 5 scenario/discussion stations. Best of luck to you tomorrow!  :)

Ohh, I thought it was only given for the scenarios haha. Thank you!

Archived