Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Hi all,

I was accepted to UofA PT (I'm an out of province student) at the Calgary campus last week...I have to reply to them by May 19th, and obviously Ontario schools give out their acceptances the following day. Anybody in the same boat?

I'm in a similar situation - I'll be paying the deposit for another school to hold my spot while I wait for Ontario school responses. It is annoying to lose out on the money, but I'd rather fork out the money than risk not having anywhere to go at all..

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm in a similar situation - I'll be paying the deposit for another school to hold my spot while I wait for Ontario school responses. It is annoying to lose out on the money, but I'd rather fork out the money than risk not having anywhere to go at all..

Exactly my thoughts...it is frustrating, but definitely worth it, if we don't know how the Ontario schools will decide. Good luck!

Hi all,

I was accepted to UofA PT (I'm an out of province student) at the Calgary campus last week...I have to reply to them by May 19th, and obviously Ontario schools give out their acceptances the following day. Anybody in the same boat?

UofA PT does not require a deposit. I called to ask. So you have nothing to lose by accepting. If you get into an Ontario school, All you have to do is contact Gillian and let her know you are giving up your spot. No money lost. 

Tell me about it. I paid $200 to DAL which I will now lose since I will not be attending DAL. But am glad I held on to it then till I got into another school. A bird in hand is worth two in the bush. 

Anyone else's heart drop when they saw the subject of McMaster's feedback email? At first I thought they were sending something about acceptances... but then realized they only wanted feedback from the MMIs. *sigh* The wait is killing me 

Anyone else's heart drop when they saw the subject of McMaster's feedback email? At first I thought they were sending something about acceptances... but then realized they only wanted feedback from the MMIs. *sigh* The wait is killing me 

Yup, my first thought was "wow my interview was so bad I'm getting rejected early" haha.

Was this for OT interviews only? I didn't receive anything, but I interviewed for PT

I got a feedback request from McMaster regarding their MMI, I interviewed for PT.

Hmm I wonder if they were sent to just a random selection of applicants or they had some sort of criteria.. or maybe I'm just going crazy from the application process and reading too much into it.

Did any one else who has access to ROSI have their degree status changed to "MSc Physical Therapy - 2 yr (PT MSPT2)" ??

Me!

Applied for both PT and OT and now they are both "invited", and the PT status changed a few days later than OT :DDDD

I'm just hopping this is not some sort of bug...

Did any one else who has access to ROSI have their degree status changed to "MSc Physical Therapy - 2 yr (PT MSPT2)" ??

Yup mine says the same! How did you guys feel about your applications? I honestly felt really good about mine. 

Yup mine says the same! How did you guys feel about your applications? I honestly felt really good about mine. 

I felt I wrote a decent CAPS, although I am pretty sure I botched one question x.x

Might be enough to get in, but otherwise I am expecting a waitlist tbh

Macs mmi went pretty smoothly, ran out of time for the written station but I think I got my point across, and my essays to western/queens were pretty good I think. But then again, not really sure what a "good" essay would look like lol.

I felt I wrote a decent CAPS, although I am pretty sure I botched one question x.x

Might be enough to get in, but otherwise I am expecting a waitlist tbh

Macs mmi went pretty smoothly, ran out of time for the written station but I think I got my point across, and my essays to western/queens were pretty good I think. But then again, not really sure what a "good" essay would look like lol.

oh man this is so hard to not get excited. I mean they even have the timetable up there for me.  I really doubt its a bug. Either way, don't wanna get disappointed if it is a bug so best to wait till Friday.

Sorry, does anyone know how we will be contacted by Queens for acceptance/rejection? I didn't get any invitation to sign up for student ID or any of that like I did for other schools.

I know for OT we will be emiled a decision on May 20th. The same email you used to complete ORPAS application.

I know for OT we will be emiled a decision on May 20th. The same email you used to complete ORPAS application.

Sorry, does anyone know how we will be contacted by Queens for acceptance/rejection? I didn't get any invitation to sign up for student ID or any of that like I did for other schools.

Hi, all

I was wondering the same thing as well for Queen's PT.

There were no email from admissions requiring student account set up,

nor were there confirmation of review of our application either.

Anyone else hear anything from Queen's?

or are we all just patiently waiting for email in few days?

Hi, all

I was wondering the same thing as well for Queen's PT.

There were no email from admissions requiring student account set up,

nor were there confirmation of review of our application either.

Anyone else hear anything from Queen's?

or are we all just patiently waiting for email in few days?

Same thing as for OT, but last year some people received rejections the day before the date set by ORPAS.

Did anyone else receive an email from Western today, regarding verifying application/setting up student portal site? I received this even thought I had already set up my account months ago, did anyone else get this?

Did anyone else receive an email from Western today, regarding verifying application/setting up student portal site? I received this even thought I had already set up my account months ago, did anyone else get this?

I received an e-mail as well, and like you I set everything up months ago when they first sent an e-mail about it.

Archived