Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those who got accepted at UofA, did you take 30 credits over 2 terms at some point during your undergrad? I have usually ten 3-4 courses (maximum 12) credits each term. Wondering how U of A ranks students like me.

I always took 14-15 credits per semester, but here's what I found on the U of A website:

"The OT program is academically challenging which is why preference is given to applicants who have completed 30 credits (a full course load or 5 courses/semester) over two consecutive terms or semesters at some point during their academic career.  We do consider applicants who present a few full-time years of 24 credits (4 courses/semester) or 27  credits.  The goal is to determine that an applicant can maintain a competitive GPA in a full-time year and weed out applicants who have pursued part-time undergraduate degrees."

Hope that works out in your favour - best of luck!

Those who got accepted at UofA, did you take 30 credits over 2 terms at some point during your undergrad? I have usually ten 3-4 courses (maximum 12) credits each term. Wondering how U of A ranks students like me.

I only had one year with the full 30 credits, the other years I had 24-27 credits. I also had multiple withdrawals so I think you should be ok as long as you have other things to strengthen your application!  :)

Anyone heard from UofT OT? My ROSI/ACORN status suddenly says INVITED today... Didn't get any email though. 

I haven't, but Ontario OT/PT schools only advise applicants of final decisions on the date set by ORPAS. In the past Queen's has refused students the day before that, but I haven't heard of students being accepted earlier.

I haven't, but Ontario OT/PT schools only advise applicants of final decisions on the date set by ORPAS. In the past Queen's has refused students the day before that, but I haven't heard of students being accepted earlier.

I was aware of that fact so I'm feeling surprised and unsure right now. But I'm sure the status (OT MSOT2 2016-2017 Fall/Winter) was not there yesterday.. It even listed the courses in the timetable session :S 

I was aware of that fact so I'm feeling surprised and unsure right now. But I'm sure the status (OT MSOT2 2016-2017 Fall/Winter) was not there yesterday.. It even listed the courses in the timetable session :S 

That's interesting - congratulations if it's true!! I'm guessing you're a UofT student and that's how you have access to this?

That's interesting - congratulations if it's true!! I'm guessing you're a UofT student and that's how you have access to this?

Yes I am a UofT student :)))))) Thank you!!! Hopefully it is a real thing lol  

I'm assuming I'm not the only one who sees this. Any other UofT applicants from UofT undergrad? 

I got a conditional offer to Uof Alberta MScPT at 12:05OM TODAY. Looks like am moving to Calgary.  Anyone else got a reply? Am so excited. :)  :)  :)  :)  :)

Congrats on the offer!

Im waitlisted for UofA PT (OOP) : (

Wanted to ask if you were in or out of province?

Congrats on the offer!

Im waitlisted for UofA PT (OOP) : (

Wanted to ask if you were in or out of province?

thanks. I am OOP. I am from Manitoba. I was in Edmonton last friday (apr 29th, my birthday) for the interview. Exciting to get an offer this soon. again goodluck

thanks. I am OOP. I am from Manitoba. I was in Edmonton last friday (apr 29th, my birthday) for the interview. Exciting to get an offer this soon. again goodluck

You said your interview was April 29? I thought all interviews were April 23. Also, what made you choose Calgary if you are moving from out of province anyway?

Archived