Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

Applied: Dalhousie, UofT, Queen's, Western, UofA (all OT)

Accepted: Dalhousie

Waitlisted:

Rejected:

subGPA: 3.5

I got an early acceptance to Dal on March 31st (an email from the OT dept) and I got the official email from the faculty of graduate studies yesterday! I'm from NB but did my undergrad at UofT so I'm not sure how that affected my application. I graduated last year with a not-so-stellar GPA at UofT and was rejected from everywhere for OT in 2015 so I'm super pumped to be accepted to at least 1 school! I went back to school for an upgrading year and that boosted my GPA by at lot so i would highly recommend that to anyone thinking about upgrading.

I also have 5 years as an OT/PT assistant working for WorkSafeNB and one of my reference letters was from a past-president of the NB Association of OT's so hopefully that helped me since my GPA wasn't crazy high even after upgrading!

Is your gpa on a 4.3 scale? I applied to dal as well and on a 4.3 scale my sgpa should be around 3.57. I'm not in Atlantic Canada though so hopefully I'll still hear good things! Congrats on your acceptance!

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is your gpa on a 4.3 scale? I applied to dal as well and on a 4.3 scale my sgpa should be around 3.57. I'm not in Atlantic Canada though so hopefully I'll still hear good things! Congrats on your acceptance!

Thank you very much!! No mine was on a 4.0 scale since I went to an Ontario university! Im not sure what it is on a 4.3 but I assume they would have had to convert it before accepting me.

No one has heard from U of A OT yet have they?

U of A will send out the acceptance/conditional acceptance to students with a GPA about 3.8 by the end of April, and the remaining students will hear back between mid-May, mid-June, etc. depending on how the applicant ranked during the application review process.

So if you don't hear by April, you still have a chance for you application to be reviewed again and again until they have filled their seats.

U of A will send out the acceptance/conditional acceptance to students with a GPA about 3.8 by the end of April, and the remaining students will hear back between mid-May, mid-June, etc. depending on how the applicant ranked during the application review process.

So if you don't hear by April, you still have a chance for you application to be reviewed again and again until they have filled their seats.

Oh shoot, well I def don't have a 3.8 so I guess it's going to be a long wait  :mellow:

Oh shoot, well I def don't have a 3.8 so I guess it's going to be a long wait  :mellow:

Don't worry, last year that criterion wasn't that strict on the early acceptances. I think some people had ~3.65 and up who got early acceptances on the second/third Monday of April, and the waitlisted people got their notices the following Monday.

Hey guys, just wondering how you guys are preparing for the mac OT interview? Has anyone done an MMI before? Anything I can do to prepare?

I have never done an MMI before so I'm not sure what to expect! :unsure: I have been practicing questions that I found on google but I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Is anyone from the KW area (or even GTA) interested in getting together to go over some questions?

Does anyone know how Queens sends out acceptance/rejection? I was required to set up student id/email for Western but seen anything from Queens yet.

Also, I really wish that the PT/OT schools used a Sub-GPA or cumulative GPA cut off. It would be nice if they took the cumulative into consideration as an alternative. For myself, my cumulative is 3.8+ and my Sub is a fair bit lower. I think 3.6 something =( I am sure many people like the sub-GPA, but it kind of backfires for some of us. I just became a bit complacent towards the end of my degree so obviously I take responsibility.

I have never done an MMI before so I'm not sure what to expect! :unsure: I have been practicing questions that I found on google but I'm not sure if I'm on the right track. Is anyone from the KW area (or even GTA) interested in getting together to go over some questions?

I am in the KW area and I would be very interested in getting together to practice! I have a car so I can go anywhere!

I am in the KW area and I would be very interested in getting together to practice! I have a car so I can go anywhere!

That's awesome! I just sent you a PM.

If anyone else is interested in practising for the MMI, you're more than welcome to join :)

Hello,

does anyone know where at the UofA the PT MMI's are being held this year? ECHA?

Hi, I just got off the waitlist for an interview and the email says it will be held at the Edmonton Clinic Health Academy which I presume is the ECHA.

I'm actually out of province and I know that preference is given to Alberta residents which is why the OOP students needed higher gpas to get an interview. Just asking if any one knew if there was still preference given to Alberta residents when scoring the overall rankings with interviews + gpa combined.

Hello,

Hi, I just got off the waitlist for an interview and the email says it will be held at the Edmonton Clinic Health Academy which I presume is the ECHA.

I'm actually out of province and I know that preference is given to Alberta residents which is why the OOP students needed higher gpas to get an interview. Just asking if any one knew if there was still preference given to Alberta residents when scoring the overall rankings with interviews + gpa combined.

if you got an interview off the waitlist like I did, then the address is included in the letter. I just looked up the address and booked a hotel close to the address for the interview. I was wondering the same but I think they still give preference to Alberta residents with GPA and interview scores. I am an OOP as well. keeping my fingers crossed. 

Applied: U of M, McGill, U of T, Queens, Mac, Western (All PT)

Accepted: U of M

Waitlisted:

Rejected: U of T, McMaster (?) was on waitlist for an Interview but didn't hear anything so assume the chance has passed.

cumGPA: 3.61

subGPA: 3.78

University of Manitoba sent out their initial offers yesterday!

Archived