Premed 101 Forums

Pt/ot Accepted/ Rejected 2016

• Replies 679
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I emailed Chrissy Bartlett about Dal OT admissions and she got back to me today saying that all offers should be sent out by the end of this week! Crossing my fingers for good news. Any other Dal applicants? This is my first time applying and I have a pretty low GPA but I'm hoping I'll get in somewhere... if not then I am totally ready to apply again next year. I've accepted that I have no chance at Western and UofT for sure but hoping there's at least a small possibility for Dal or Queens. Just sharing my GPA and experiences cause I know I feel inspired yet a little defeated and nervous when I see how high everyone's are!

Applied: Dalhousie, Western, UofT, Queens

CumGPA: 2.97, SubGPA: 3.2 Orpas and 3.3? 3.4? For 4.3 scale.

Experiences: I've had two years volunteering experience with a variety of individuals with disabilities through my university and was a peer buddy or mentor to a young woman with autism. I've been a home ABA therapist for a 6 year old boy with autism for a year now and have a second child I'm working with too now. I've done respite work. And job shadowed an OT at a rehab centre and hospital, in addition to multiple sessions that I've seen through my job so I've been exposed to the work of OT's quite abit even if in a short period of time. I completed my BSc in Psych and Biology and think I had really good references who were very supportive when chatting to them about everything before hand. I'm also an NL resident so hoping that at least helps me a little for Dalhousie perhaps...

I emailed Chrissy Bartlett about Dal OT admissions and she got back to me today saying that all offers should be sent out by the end of this week! Crossing my fingers for good news. Any other Dal applicants? This is my first time applying and I have a pretty low GPA but I'm hoping I'll get in somewhere... if not then I am totally ready to apply again next year. I've accepted that I have no chance at Western and UofT for sure but hoping there's at least a small possibility for Dal or Queens. Just sharing my GPA and experiences cause I know I feel inspired yet a little defeated and nervous when I see how high everyone's are!

Applied: Dalhousie, Western, UofT, Queens

CumGPA: 2.97, SubGPA: 3.2 Orpas and 3.3? 3.4? For 4.3 scale.

Experiences: I've had two years volunteering experience with a variety of individuals with disabilities through my university and was a peer buddy or mentor to a young woman with autism. I've been a home ABA therapist for a 6 year old boy with autism for a year now and have a second child I'm working with too now. I've done respite work. And job shadowed an OT at a rehab centre and hospital, in addition to multiple sessions that I've seen through my job so I've been exposed to the work of OT's quite abit even if in a short period of time. I completed my BSc in Psych and Biology and think I had really good references who were very supportive when chatting to them about everything before hand. I'm also an NL resident so hoping that at least helps me a little for Dalhousie perhaps...

Thank you for the information! I've also applied to Dal, as well as UofA and UofM. Where are you from? If you're from Atlantic Canada you certainly have a better chance at getting in to Dal than an OOP applicant. Plus you have lots of good experience. Good luck!

Thank you for the information! I've also applied to Dal, as well as UofA and UofM. Where are you from? If you're from Atlantic Canada you certainly have a better chance at getting in to Dal than an OOP applicant. Plus you have lots of good experience. Good luck!

I'm from Newfoundland and I think there's 8 seats allotted for Newfoundland? So I definitely hope it helps a little! Thanks :) Good luck to you too! If I don't get in this year than I will likely be applying to more schools such as UofA and UofM next year to help my chances. I knew OT was competitive but didnt know just how much until I started reading these forums!

I got my acceptance email from Dalhousie (OT) in the first week of April. I'm also not an Atlantic resident. In the email it said that we have till April 26 to pay our deposit and secure the seat. I'm waiting to hear back from Alberta as well, so hopefully that's soon.

I got my acceptance email from Dalhousie (OT) in the first week of April. I'm also not an Atlantic resident. In the email it said that we have till April 26 to pay our deposit and secure the seat. I'm waiting to hear back from Alberta as well, so hopefully that's soon.

Congrats!! Would you be willing to share your gpa?

Archived