Premed 101 Forums

Higher Rct Method Or Is It Cheating?

Hey premed101ers, a question

I know that UofA uses RCT, but not BIO or CHEM. I was talking to a friend of a friend, who had come up with this strategy that I didn't completely think was fair, what do you guys think? During the Bio and Chem section, they flipped to RCT and did half of it...then when it was time to do RCT they just finished it off and double/triple checked everything. She ended up getting a 27. Is this fair? I remember during the DAT we had to stay in the allotted section. This makes me so uneasy as they are currently in 3rd year at UA :( 

Hey premed101ers, a question

I know that UofA uses RCT, but not BIO or CHEM. I was talking to a friend of a friend, who had come up with this strategy that I didn't completely think was fair, what do you guys think? During the Bio and Chem section, they flipped to RCT and did half of it...then when it was time to do RCT they just finished it off and double/triple checked everything. She ended up getting a 27. Is this fair? I remember during the DAT we had to stay in the allotted section. This makes me so uneasy as they are currently in 3rd year at UA :(

Wow, I can't believe your friend of a friend didnt get caught since the pages are color coded lmao. If she did, her ID would be labelled with the incident and would never be able to get into dental school lol. I would not recommend this.

Absolutely unfair and cheating. Nobody should be attempting this if they value their chances at dental school or if they value the work that everyone else commits to to get into dental school.

Theres no grey area here... its not like we're talking about an ethics question for the dental interview. Its straight up cheating. 

MMI Ethical decision making time! Knowing that a "friend" did this, what do you do? "Post it on a forum and seek advice."

Jk. I would honestly send CDA DAT committee an email about this situation, or at the very least send Chris from U of A admissions an email. Even if they cannot do anything at this point, they can at least be more wary about this happening in the future in U of A / Calgary. 

• 4 weeks later...

Archived