Premed 101 Forums

Best Dat Study Material?

Princeton was definitely good. I also thought that Dat BootCamp was pretty well rounded. However, while PAT on Bootcamp is a great tool, it's not very reflective of the actual cDAT PAT. It's useful for learning how the PAT works, and can probably increase PAT score but it's just not similar to the real thing in the way that it's made and also by virtue of being electronic. That's my two cents...

Thanks for the responses guys! Does anyone know how much the DAT changes year to year? I mean the material for Chem/Bio. I wrote the DAT in February 2015, but I studied out of a 2009 Kaplan book and I honestly couldn't answer 40% of the questions because it was material I had never even heard of. Lots of plant stuff and microscopic organisms I remember. Can anyone tell me the material that made them successful in Bio/Chem in 2014, 2015, 2016?

I originally used only Kaplan to study bio and chem the first time I wrote the DAT. Scored in the low 20s

Switched to chads videos for chem and cliffs notes and feralis notes for bio. Scored 24 in bio and 25 in chem.

Kaplan is weak. It should not be the main source of your info. Only use it to compliment what I've suggested above

chad's videos will be enough for chem.

for bio you need to use several sources because its such a broad topic. use kaplan, ap bio, and several practice tests, anytime you see something new add it to your notes, you need to do a lot of memorizing. 

I agree with everyone above that for chem Chad's videos are the way to go. For bio, cliff's notes are a good start but you will need to dig up some of your own notes from first year bio to fill in any gaps. For PAT, I used crack dat pat and it was super helpful.

Thanks again for the quick responses! I have settled on taking a look at Feralis & Cliff biology notes and Chad's videos for them + my old study materials (crack the dat, kaplan 2009). 

I downloaded Cliff's AP Biology notes 3rd Edition. Is 3rd edition up-to-date? Or is there a better version?

Princeton was definitely good. I also thought that Dat BootCamp was pretty well rounded. However, while PAT on Bootcamp is a great tool, it's not very reflective of the actual cDAT PAT. It's useful for learning how the PAT works, and can probably increase PAT score but it's just not similar to the real thing in the way that it's made and also by virtue of being electronic. That's my two cents...

Bootcamp was terrible for the Canadian PAT section. I think the only one that came close was one of those IQ publication books but they weren't that great either. I used something else too, I forgot what it was called but it helped me score a 27 on the PAT. I'll post it when I find it.

Archived