Premed 101 Forums

Unable To Wait, Errrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think I was just expecting a larger jump with them getting rid of the pre reqs!

They got rid of the prereqs but not the MCAT. Those who never touched science in undergrad may not do well in MCAT. So no prereqs doesn't mean absolutely no science background. Therefore most pure Arts students with no prereqs still won't be able to apply.

They got rid of the prereqs but not the MCAT. Those who never touched science in undergrad may not do well in MCAT. So no prereqs doesn't mean absolutely no science background. Therefore most pure Arts students with no prereqs still won't be able to apply.

True. Just sucks that they don't look at the MCAT til post interview. I'm sure lots of people meet the requirement for the MCAT but their score isn't very competitive. They may however have good grades and make the interview over someone with not as good grades but with a good mcat. I guess it just shows that they don't prioritize mcat that much.

True. Just sucks that they don't look at the MCAT til post interview. I'm sure lots of people meet the requirement for the MCAT but their score isn't very competitive. They may however have good grades and make the interview over someone with not as good grades but with a good mcat. I guess it just shows that they don't prioritize mcat that much.

What do you mean this actually makes more sense IMO, gives a person a chance to out-compete someone else with a slightly higher MCAT score depending on their social skills.

Archived