Premed 101 Forums

Uofa 2021 Acceptance/wl/rejected Thread

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, mathlete7 said:

I'm on the waitlist too. Can someone tell me what my average is on the UofA scale? I tried to look it up, but I don't really understand the conversion..

GPA: 93.4 

DAT: 62

INT: 32

I can't find anything definitive, some scales say A+ (4.0) and others say A (4.0)-but either way it is a great GPA. You could email and ask what your GPA was calculated as for your application. 

Just now, qwerty2222 said:

I can't find anything definitive, some scales say A+ (4.0) and others say A (4.0)-but either way it is a great GPA. You could email and ask what your GPA was calculated as for your application. 

^ This is the right thing to do. Just email Chris and she will tell you what GPA they used for the application. 

2 hours ago, mathlete7 said:

I'm on the waitlist too. Can someone tell me what my average is on the UofA scale? I tried to look it up, but I don't really understand the conversion..

GPA: 93.4 

DAT: 62

INT: 32

Do you mean if they count A as 4.0 or as 3.9? They do the the former if that's what you're asking. But yeah if you email chris she'll tell you (or call her!)

does anyone know the latest date to hear if you are on the waitlist? I assume it would be after the response date for those offered admission but I don't know when that is. I also heard something about if someone who was accepted does not show up they call on a waitlisted person. 

#anxious

Thanks!

We're supposed to confirm by July 10th. I'd say if you haven't heard back by the end of July then it'll probably not happen this year. I was on the waitlist last year so I feel your pain. Honestly though, having the year off was the best thing that could have ever happened to me. I was more focused for the DAT, more in tune for the interview, and I saved up money to go travel the world. Thinking back I probably woulda crashed and burned if I got in last year, but with all the time off and having the ability to hit the refresh button I'm more ready than ever to get started. Having the year off gives you the opportunity to focus on things you couldn't focus on before, so if that's the case take full advantage of that. I don't know what all your situations are, but the time will come, for all of you, just like it did for me. Keep working hard, stay motivated, and listen to a lot of Kendrick and J. Cole. If anyone wants any advice just send me a PM, I'd be more than happy to help. 

This year's group is a lot less vocal on the forums than last year's was so it'll be hard to tell how many will get off the waitlist. I hope for the best guys. I know the feeling. 

On June 28, 2017 at 7:40 PM, dentpepe said:

Hello everyone!

I actually had a question regarding the admissions requirements in applying to dentistry. Since you are all applicants, I found it best to ask here. I will be an OOP applicant and considering applying to U of A next year. In terms of OOP applicants, what are competitive GPA's and DAT scores of those who interview? Is a 3.90 GPA along with a high 60-low 70 DAT score competitive enough to receive an interview? Any insight would be immensely helpful. Thanks in advance!

I got in OOP with those stats, apply for sure

Archived