Premed 101 Forums

Accepted/Rejected/Waitlisted??? (for current applicants)

Guest Ian Wong

Result: rejected

GPA: 81

MCAT: 501

Interview: i think it was ok but i do not know

Applied under DSAAP

Not surprised but still upset!

i wonder if i should re-apply given my age! i have heard usask does not like re-applicants. Any feedback would be appreciated!

2 hours ago, who_knows said:

Not true. If medicine is a true life calling, def re-apply.

Thanks for letting me know! I thought reapplication had impact! 

I have applied in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and rejected post-interview! I even finished my law degree during the application time, which lowered my GPA, so it is hard to stay motivated. Its like I am stuck on my back up career! Cannot even get in under DSAAP

2 minutes ago, LawToMed91 said:

Thanks for letting me know! I thought reapplication had impact! 

I have applied in 2017, 2018 and 2019 and rejected post-interview! I even finished my law degree during the application time, which lowered my GPA, so it is hard to stay motivated. Its like I am stuck on my back up career! Cannot even get in under DSAAP

They’ve also removed the 5 year application limit. So reapply! 

Non-trad

2nd application cycle, rejection last year. 

This year: Waitlisted 2nd quartile 

IP

GPA 78 (don't laugh) BScN, Halfway through Masters

MCAT 509

Interview felt okay, little rough at 1 station.

Congratulations to the accepted and the waitlisted! Goodluck with the rest of the journey! 

1 hour ago, LawToMed91 said:

true but the fact that they had this limit really irks me!!!!! may be i will take a year off from applying...thank u so much for the suggestions

I would not wait, you are taking a yearish off by waiting for the next year's interview anyways, they removed that 5 year limit. So you may apply as much as possible as long as your mcat does not expire and hold sask residency. 

Result: Accepted! (1st time applicant) 

GPA: 90+

MCAT: 500

Interview: Felt really good about the interview! Maybe 1-2 stations weren't amazing but was able to make connections with the interviewers.

Didn't think I would post in one of these, but just wanted to share with others with low MCAT scores to show that it is possible!

Also, I'm looking for a place to move into, so if anyone has an apartment or is looking for a roommate in Saskatoon let me know :) 

10 hours ago, MD867 said:

Result: Accepted! (1st time applicant) 

GPA: 90+

MCAT: 500

Interview: Felt really good about the interview! Maybe 1-2 stations weren't amazing but was able to make connections with the interviewers.

Didn't think I would post in one of these, but just wanted to share with others with low MCAT scores to show that it is possible!

Also, I'm looking for a place to move into, so if anyone has an apartment or is looking for a roommate in Saskatoon let me know :) 

Congrats on being accepted:)

What is the deadline to accept your offer if you don’t mind me asking?

On 5/17/2022 at 10:09 PM, Hopefulcandidate said:

Congrats on being accepted:)

What is the deadline to accept your offer if you don’t mind me asking?

Deadline for the initial acceptances is the 20th!

The facebook group is only at 62 members one day before the deadline so there should be a good number of waitlist spots