Premed 101 Forums
Robin Hood

What's On Your Mind?

For me, the way to keep myself motivated is to set goals and reward myself for a good run (jumping in the pool for a cold swim after a tough sweaty run in the summer is the best feeling ever).

I'm using the app called Map My Run currently, which measures the distance, speed and all that stuff for each run. I'm also challenging a friend of mine who's also using the app to see who runs the most distance per week. All of this is giving me motivation to go for a run.

Listen to your favourite hyped up music and feel like you're in a battle trying to come out victorious. The last few tough seconds of the run always feel like I'm about to conquer something, with dope music in the background.

Game of Thrones just tore my heart out and stomped on it. I'm not sure I can continue with this season of sadness :(  

I sat there frozen for at least 10 minutes after the episode ended. My bf was brought to tears.  I knew last week's episode was just way too happy.

Studying off EK for my MCAT in August. The experience has so far been lackluster. Atrocious figures, typos and grammar errors left, right and center. That is all

Really? I feel like EK is a more recommended company too.

Studying off EK for my MCAT in August. The experience has so far been lackluster. Atrocious figures, typos and grammar errors left, right and center. That is all

Haha I actually felt that this made the content more memorable. 

Kaplan.

ugh. no.

haha Kaplan made me more anxious with all their cutesy 'future doctor' references. Everytime it made me think 'but I'm not in yet-and if I fail this exam I might not be!" 

I wanted content, not a cheerleader :P

found out I'll be graduating from my second degree as the top student in my program! My first degree was obviously a train-wreck so this is very validating :) I'm planning to take myself out on a date tomorrow to celebrate--lunch and maybe a manicure lol

Amazing!!! That's an incredible accomplishment-and I'm sure will be an inspiration for other's here as well :)

I sat there frozen for at least 10 minutes after the episode ended. My bf was brought to tears.  I knew last week's episode was just way too happy.

I would love to know if that is actually what Mr. Martin's plan was all along for that character - if so I am even more impressed with his organizational skills, ha.

Amazing!!! That's an incredible accomplishment-and I'm sure will be an inspiration for other's here as well :)

Thanks so much!!! I really hope to post a success story on the non-trad forum some day. Though I'm starting to appreciate that completing a second degree with great marks and a path to a great career is a success on its own.

ugh. no.

haha Kaplan made me more anxious with all their cutesy 'future doctor' references. Everytime it made me think 'but I'm not in yet-and if I fail this exam I might not be!" 

I wanted content, not a cheerleader :P

I don't recall anything like that. Content was there. Overload, in fact. Did you use the 2015 set? If so, I thought it was excellent. 

WHATS ON MY MIND:

Had a f***ing dream last night that global warming eventually melted all the ice...sea levels rose and huge rush of water was coming towards my house...entire family was in the house...walked in the house to get them out, looked back, water broke the doors and walls down- THEN I WOKE UP and cursed my Natural Disaster class profs name

I don't recall anything like that. Content was there. Overload, in fact. Did you use the 2015 set? If so, I thought it was excellent. 

No, this was for the 2014 exam and I think the set was from 2012 or so. But it was surprisingly very annoying! 

Probably the most first world problem ever:

Having a (paid!) research job in the summer and not being able to quit. Really wasn't expecting to get into medical school this year so applied for NSERC USRA to get a taste of research but by accepting it, I'm now commited to working in the lab full time. Would've really loved to have a summer to go travel since there hasn't been an opportunity to do so at all in uni. Honestly, the only reason why I was considering going to uOttawa was because they have summers.

Hoping that 3 more straight years of school at Mac won't burn me out :?

ha, that is a mixed blessing :)

You will still get a bit of time off at Mac, and prior to residency.

And why on Earth does no one in Saint John advertise apartments more than 1-2 months before the move-in date?  :confused:

Doesn't happen anywhere, generally. Most landlords only require 6-8 weeks notice so most people won't list until then. 

Trust me-NB apartment searching is nothing to worry about. As a fellow east coaster currently searching for a downtown Toronto place......I am wishing that it was as easy as finding places out east!!