Premed 101 Forums

Uoft 2015 Acceptance/rejection/waitlist

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes, Bittersweet acceptance.  First world problems:

I'm thrilled that I'm going to become a dentist.  But I'm hoping for an acceptance to either Dal or Western.  The $2000.00 has me really worked up.  I don't know if I should just pay it to ensure I have a spot at one school and I will become a dentist either way.  I wouldn't mind paying the $2000.00 if we had a month to consider as opposed to just over 2 weeks.

@Dal, I'm OOP so my chances are severely diminished and a few people have said they are only take 2 OOP candidate this year (although others have said 6, so its all just rumours)

@Western one of my two best years I only took 8 courses so my GPA will be penalized for that year and of course they don't tell you by how much.

I'll likely end up paying the $2000.00 as I don't want to risk not having a spot at a school but if I get into UWO or Dal, I'm sure I'll second guess myself.

If I get into another school I'll be happy to let you know if/when I give up my spot.

But congrats to all those who got in!

IP

My GPA was 3.99

Dat AA:24 RC: 24 PAT: 21

Interview: said slightly above average of 27 (I assume this means a 28)  :D

Yes, Bittersweet acceptance.  First world problems:

I'm thrilled that I'm going to become a dentist.  But I'm hoping for an acceptance to either Dal or Western.  The $2000.00 has me really worked up.  I don't know if I should just pay it to ensure I have a spot at one school and I will become a dentist either way.  I wouldn't mind paying the $2000.00 if we had a month to consider as opposed to just over 2 weeks.

You need to think about opportunity cost. $2000 now, or an entire year (or more) wasted and untold amounts of income loss if you decide to not put down your deposit and you end up not getting in at either Western or Dal.

Since you know that Western & Dal acceptances come out after your deadline, unless you have other options that are going to arise before May 1, plonking down $2000 should be the very first thing you do, as soon as humanly possible.

This is a no brainer. There is no argument as far as I can tell.

You need to think about opportunity cost. $2000 now, or an entire year (or more) wasted and untold amounts of income loss if you decide to not put down your deposit and you end up not getting in at either Western or Dal.

Since you know that Western & Dal acceptances come out after your deadline, unless you have other options that are going to arise before May 1, plonking down $2000 should be the very first thing you do, as soon as humanly possible.

This is a no brainer. There is no argument as far as I can tell.

You're 100% correct.. After speaking with friends and family this is what I'm doing.

Considering I pay 1800/year for a life insurance policy that I'll hopefully never use.. This one time career insurance is definitely worth it.

And like someone said, it beats the hell out of the $11,000 UBC deposit.

Anyone got accepted to U of T and not bothering to show up for their Western interview? Just wondering if this is a common occurrence since U of T tends to release their acceptances before Western even has their interviews.

I think I will be emailing Western this weekend or Monday to cancel my interview.

IP
GPA: 3.95+.
AA:23+ PAT: 22
Interview: Average
4th year (just finishing up)

I was debating cancelling the Western interview as well, but I think i'll go out of courtesy and just extra interview practice. Never know they might just sway me!

Congratulations to all; I hope the wait-list moves a lot this year and all of you get good news throughout the next few weeks/months! :)

Archived