Premed 101 Forums

2015 Waitlist Support

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone NOT received a confirmation of being kept on the Wait List? I responded on the 13th and still haven't heard a confirmation. Should I e-mail them again? I know they're busy so I'm happy to patiently wait, but I want to make sure they get the response by May 26th. 

Has anyone NOT received a confirmation of being kept on the Wait List? I responded on the 13th and still haven't heard a confirmation. Should I e-mail them again? I know they're busy so I'm happy to patiently wait, but I want to make sure they get the response by May 26th. 

Can't hurt to send another email to them.

I received a response within a business day. Since you responded on the 13th, I guess you could even give them a call to make sure your email went through and to confirm they have the correct contact info.

Yeah High waitlist.

Also, I remember seeing someone shared a file with a "chart" but it's really old (I think the oldest year on it was 2010 or 2011) and the numbers fluctuated a lot (if I remember correctly, one year it was 50, another it was 80). Not sure which thread the attachment was in though. Deans reports are good if you're a SWOMEN applicant

The admissions office only makes calls during regular business hours right? (Mon-Fri 9-5 Ontario time zone).

I am away for the weekend so I am wondering if I would need to give them an alternate contact or if it is okay because I'm not away during the regular business times.

The admissions office only makes calls during regular business hours right? (Mon-Fri 9-5 Ontario time zone).

I am away for the weekend so I am wondering if I would need to give them an alternate contact or if it is okay because I'm not away during the regular business times.

I've only ever heard of them calling on weekdays (Mon-Fri). Not completely sure about the hours. I would say up till 7:30pm is fair game (because they asked for evening hours), but maybe if you call them they can confirm the hours. I normally would expect 9-5 though as well.

This waiting with no clue about what my chances are is so stressful. Does anyone have any idea what's the chance of getting in from the normal waitlist - is it rare, a low percent, 50/50 chance or what? (Compare with the usual 100% chance of getting an offer from the high waitlist and the usual 0% chance of getting an offer from the low waitlist...)

This waiting with no clue about what my chances are is so stressful. Does anyone have any idea what's the chance of getting in from the normal waitlist - is it rare, a low percent, 50/50 chance or what? (Compare with the usual 100% chance of getting an offer from the high waitlist and the usual 0% chance of getting an offer from the low waitlist...)

I'm also interested in the answer to this... this wait is becoming harder and harder by the day x_x

Maybe others have better answers. All I've seen from past trends is that usually the Friday / Monday, they cover high waitlist. Then on Monday, they actually start dipping into normal waitlist (and keep doing so for a few days till they've called up to 171 people - including those who already accepted). Then I think there's a lull for a week before they call a few more people. Then I don't know.

But it'd help a lot if the school let us know how many people were on each waitlist so it would be easier to predict. :S

Assuming there are 30 people on high waitlist, I think at least 20 would get off the normal waitlist (plus there are people who are removing/have removed themselves from that waitlist to accept at another school - so technically it goes lower down the list than that?). But who knows if there are more (or less) people on high waitlist.

I kind of like the way NOSM does it (giving regular updates on number of spots left, how far down the waitlist they've gone, what position on the waitlist you're in), but I'm sure Western (and other schools) have their reasons for not doing that.

Maybe others have better answers. All I've seen from past trends is that usually the Friday / Monday, they cover high waitlist. Then on Monday, they actually start dipping into normal waitlist (and keep doing so for a few days till they've called up to 171 people - including those who already accepted). Then I think there's a lull for a week before they call a few more people. Then I don't know.

But it'd help a lot if the school let us know how many people were on each waitlist so it would be easier to predict. :S

Assuming there are 30 people on high waitlist, I think at least 20 would get off the normal waitlist (plus there are people who are removing/have removed themselves from that waitlist to accept at another school - so technically it goes lower down the list than that?). But who knows if there are more (or less) people on high waitlist.

I kind of like the way NOSM does it (giving regular updates on number of spots left, how far down the waitlist they've gone, what position on the waitlist you're in), but I'm sure Western (and other schools) have their reasons for not doing that.

patterns may vary from  year to year. I have seen panic from time to time when someone simply had the day off for an important reason and thus no invites.

part of the non tracking is just it slows things down - time that could be spend in filling things up. Annoying I know (a bit easier at NOSM as it is a smaller school). Anyway one day I hope we get the CARMS like system up so there is simply no waitlist.

I feel like people are the normal wait list are pretty much guaranteed a spot based on old posts

Hate to burst your bubble, but definitely not true. When people don't get off the waitlist they only get an email way late in August or maybe September about how it's all over and they are unlikely to post about it (I was one of them).

Hate to burst your bubble, but definitely not true. When people don't get off the waitlist they only get an email way late in August or maybe September about how it's all over and they are unlikely to post about it (I was one of them).

sorry to hear :( which wait list were you on???

Archived