Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

7 minutes ago, Slickrick said:

That sucks. What are your plans for next year?

Im entering another professional degree. Given how competitive it was to be admitted, I feel bad about taking the spot without my heart being there (I might decide to give apps another shot, who knows) but it would feel much better to apply from such a position than being a graduate with a random job/doing ECs to pass the year.

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MD.VA said:

"MD Applicants: We still have some interview spaces left. We will be sending out the majority of our interview invitations and letters of regret by the end of this week/early next week. There will be a small pool of applicants that we will hold up until the April 8 interview date, in the event that there are any last minute cancellations for that date to ensure all interview spots are filled. #UofTMed" 

Next thing you know they could be sending us an invite into late May.

Where did you find this? I’ve been searching FB but can’t find their pAge. Thx!

1 hour ago, MD.VA said:

"MD Applicants: We still have some interview spaces left. We will be sending out the majority of our interview invitations and letters of regret by the end of this week/early next week. There will be a small pool of applicants that we will hold up until the April 8 interview date, in the event that there are any last minute cancellations for that date to ensure all interview spots are filled. #UofTMed" 

Next thing you know they could be sending us an invite into late May.

Are these post- or pre-interview rejections?

1 minute ago, Monocyte said:

Seeing invites going out today, and not being one of them, knowing your rejection is coming soon 

730BBC44-0C38-425D-8849-CF46FC48D2F0.jpeg

Dem feels. I'm going to go read some shitposts on r/medicalschool and meme around to feel better .

1 hour ago, Eudaimonia said:

But this still means you are very competitive! Remember there are more invite spots at UofT than UBC's OOP spots

Maybe, its my NAQ that brought me so close to the cut off, not my AQ. I thought if I got such a high score in NAQ as an OOP for UBC, I most likely will get an interview at UofT because they value ECs so much and because my GPA isnt that bad (3.85 weighted). Unfortunately, that is not the case...

0 interviews...so bummed out. I'll try again in two years lol 

10 minutes ago, silent_c said:

Maybe, its my NAQ that brought me so close to the cut off, not my AQ. I thought if I got such a high score in NAQ as an OOP for UBC, I most likely will get an interview at UofT because they value ECs so much and because my GPA isnt that bad (3.85 weighted). Unfortunately, that is not the case...

0 interviews...so bummed out. I'll try again in two years lol 

Oh no I'm sorry I didn't know you heard back :(

Are you planning on doing grad studies, is that why 2 years?

27 minutes ago, Eudaimonia said:

Oh no I'm sorry I didn't know you heard back :(

Are you planning on doing grad studies, is that why 2 years?

I heard back from UBC not uoft! but uoft is most likely a reject haha I have not heard back from them yet

and yeah doing grad school!

8 minutes ago, silent_c said:

I heard back from UBC not uoft! but uoft is most likely a reject haha I have not heard back from them yet

and yeah doing grad school!

Ah you had me confused but that's what I meant- don't doubt your chance at UofT! Hope you hear some good news soon

Archived