Premed 101 Forums

Next round of invites

• Replies 439
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think for those who haven't heard back, it's because they truly have not gotten to our application yet. It was said earlier in the thread they've added more interview dates in the past because they had more competent applicants than expected?

not sure if true, but I really don't think our chances are any worse than before 

13 minutes ago, healthscireject said:

I agree with @Monocyte, there is comfort is being miserable in groups

33 minutes ago, Monocyte said:

Regardless, whether or not I get an invite this thread made this process a lot easier to handle for me lol

Misery loves company!

Not necessarily. It simply means that they might still be reviewing applications. One of my friends knows of people on the committee who are currently still evaluating applications - so be patient :) Hopefully, we hear back soon.

1 hour ago, 2hopeful said:

I think for those who haven't heard back, it's because they truly have not gotten to our application yet. It was said earlier in the thread they've added more interview dates in the past because they had more competent applicants than expected?

not sure if true, but I really don't think our chances are any worse than before 

Yea I agree that if you haven't heard back yet it is simply because your application has not yet been reviewed. It explains why some people that didn't make MCAT/GPA cutoffs still have not been rejected. Also, if your application has already been "rejected", it just doesn't make sense to withhold that information for months rather than notifying you immediately. With that being said, I don't think our chances are any worse than before...

Anyways, best of luck to all! :)

From the U of T Med Facebook on last night (March 8th):

"MD Applicants: We are still sending out interview invitations. They will continue to go out on a rolling basis between now and the end of this month. We do not have a specific date or time per week that we send out the invitations. Once decisions are made, we do our best to notify the applicants as soon as possible. #UofTMed"

Hmm... I think they just don't mind that travel arrangements can be very stressful/expensive. :(

39 minutes ago, Edgy&Dangerous said:

"MD Applicants: We are still sending out interview invitations. They will continue to go out on a rolling basis between now and the end of this month. We do not have a specific date or time per week that we send out the invitations. Once decisions are made, we do our best to notify the applicants as soon as possible. #UofTMed"

Hmm... I think they just don't mind that travel arrangements can be very stressful/expensive. :(

XD they’re reading this forum

43 minutes ago, Edgy&Dangerous said:

Does it mean if we are meant to receive an invitation or more importantly, a regret, they will notice us as soon as possible instead of holding it until the end?

3 minutes ago, peace2014 said:

Does it mean if we are meant to receive an invitation or more importantly, a regret, they will notice us as soon as possible instead of holding it until the end?

That is what they say... but it really doesn't make sense when so many people are waiting to hear back ... X% of time has passed but way less than X% of people have heard back so are they procastinating? (jk, if you're reading this U of T, please love me)

They should have a meter showing how many application they've gone through and how many they still have left. UofT if you're reading this, pls consider. It would prevent every singe "so at this point if I haven't heard anything should I assume I've been rejected?" post.

37 minutes ago, MD.VA said:

They should have a meter showing how many application they've gone through and how many they still have left. UofT if you're reading this, pls consider. It would prevent every singe "so at this point if I haven't heard anything should I assume I've been rejected?" post.

I think dominos already has a patent pending on this system 

<< Your application is in the oven >> 

30 minutes ago, michaelmichael said:

Honestly half the time I order from dominos vs. anywhere else is this system

my delivery guy pablo is always clutch

1 hour ago, michaelmichael said:

I'm not even asking for individual feedback. Just the general 1200/3500 applications processed.... They don't even have to have a meter! Just tweet it out for us.... is it really too much to ask

Spoke with admissions. There are two potential situations that we who haven't heard back are in: (1) you're on the waitlist OR (2) your file hasn't been reviewed yet. 

Also, all file reviews will be done by next Friday. If you have not heard back by then, you're on the waitlist!

1 hour ago, SWOWOMAN said:

Spoke with admissions. There are two potential situations that we who haven't heard back are in: (1) you're on the waitlist OR (2) your file hasn't been reviewed yet. 

Also, all file reviews will be done by next Friday. If you have not heard back by then, you're on the waitlist!

they should atleast tell you if you're on the waitlist...

There were a lot of round of invites and very limited number rounds of rejections, so the "wait-list" seems very long, almost like a buffer to rank applications (with the future ones not reviewed yet), which kind of makes sense to make it fair. Considering they started announcing for 8th of April there seems to be < 100 spots left for the interview (6 dates, 600 spots minus Phd/MD). With so many people that were not notified something is fishy and the admission office is not transparent about it.

Last year the big wave of rejections followed all the invites (for possible interview dates). So whatever SWOWOMAN was notified by the admission office that ppl are either wait-listed or their file was not processed yet seems not precise (they do not seem to send rejections on regular basis but focus first on invites mostly). Based on last year, next week will be the last round of invites and big waves of rejections will follow the week(s) after that. Also, since they started inviting for 8th of April (last date out of 6) it seems like at least 85% of applications are processed (most likely more).

Archived