Premed 101 Forums

OT/PT accepted/waitlist/decline 2020 cycle

I have also been invited on Acorn to UofT's OT program. I also got admitted to their master of social work program a month ago and it showed "invited" a few days early before the official notification. 

My ORPAS SGPA is 3.85 and I have a background entirely in social science, with no rehab volunteer experience. My strength was definitely in my personal submissions and academic experience engaging with disability from a social justice perspective (disability studies).

I'm trying to figure out between a career in social work or OT now. I doubt anyone is in the same boat, but if you are let me know.

4 minutes ago, ptmandem said:

Is anyone else unable to login to Acorn using their highschool credentials? Has anyone figured out why some people are able to and others aren't?

I haven’t been able to log in :( I’m thinking maybe because I wasn’t accepted? I’m not sure...

1 minute ago, MiaOT said:

I haven’t been able to log in :( I’m thinking maybe because I wasn’t accepted? I’m not sure...

I doubt it has to do with that! For other grad programs I applied to, even people who did not get in, were able to login to acorn.

Just now, newtoOT said:

Invited on ACORN - not sure if I should believe it yet!

I would say its at least 95% likely it's true! Early "invited" for myself for social work ended up up meaning acceptance. For my friend who applied to OISE and geography at uoft, both programs also showed "invited" early on.

3 minutes ago, jammerz said:

I would say its at least 95% likely it's true! Early "invited" for myself for social work ended up up meaning acceptance. For my friend who applied to OISE and geography at uoft, both programs also showed "invited" early on.

Oh my goodness, I do hope so!! Thank you so much :) I'm really hoping for Queen's or Western, hopefully this means my application is on the right track - though getting in anywhere would be so amazing! :D

5 hours ago, PTPebbles said:

Makes sense! Thanks for getting back to me. Have some rejections been given out as well? Or just acceptances? Basically is me not hearing anything from the school mean I'm on a waitlist or nah?

I'm not sure! I have only heard about acceptances

2 minutes ago, OT-2020 said:

lol yeah. I'm hoping it's just the case where some people's page is being updated. I have a sGPA of 3.9 on ORPAS so I'm trying to still be hopeful. 

I have a sGPA of 3.96 on ORPAS too and just really trying to be optimistic rn. Hopefully Friday brings some good news for us! 

We are almost at the finish line, going to find out tomorrow midnight!!

What factors is everyone considering for which Ontario schools they would choose? I am trying to think about it now since we only get 2 weeks to accept our offer. For those that got "invited" for UofT what are your thoughts on going to the Mississauga campus? 

4 minutes ago, OT1996 said:

We are almost at the finish line, going to find out tomorrow midnight!!

What factors is everyone considering for which Ontario schools they would choose? I am trying to think about it now since we only get 2 weeks to accept our offer.

Do you think ORPAS is gonna have it tomorrow midnight?