Premed 101 Forums

2020 uoft dentistry waitlist

6 hours ago, toothurty said:

As a previous waitlister dont lose hope guys! Expect movements to happen after the first deposit deadline, then the next swing after med acceptances and other dental school’s acceptances and the majority of movement around the second deposit deadline. PM me if you have any questions! 

Hey, could you please share when are these deadlines approximately? Thank you!

10 minutes ago, maytheflossbewithyou said:

I wonder if everyone who got waitlisted received the same email...really wish they at least provided a HWL, NWL or LWL statement

It's so dumb. I don't understand their objective for hiding the waitlist ranking. Now I have to spend all my summer taking summer courses and preparing to rewrite the DAT. Imagine burning yourself out and then getting an email in august that you got cleared off the waitlist and you will start school in a week. I don't want to go to dental school burnt out... Plus, we have to spend the next 6 months waiting for the coin to flip to find out if I'm in or not. If I knew i'm HWL, I would've dropped half my courses and I simply had to maintain a 3.3 avg instead of grinding out another spree of A+ marks plus I could've enjoyed my summer. It's very unsettling. They harm the summer and mental health of their waitlist in exchange for keeping the school's statistics ambiguous.

8 minutes ago, cincotres said:

Are we supposed to get all the vaccinations on the form done to maintain eligibility? Just wondering if they're really strict about it or if there is some leniency. 

Contact the school, but I doubt it. If you get into another school you're going to need to get them done anyways. I needed them for western but brought along the U of T sheet as well and so when I got off the waitlist I didn't need to go hunting for any further verification/proof of vaccination.

On 3/1/2020 at 1:53 PM, themeister said:

It's so dumb. I don't understand their objective for hiding the waitlist ranking. Now I have to spend all my summer taking summer courses and preparing to rewrite the DAT. Imagine burning yourself out and then getting an email in august that you got cleared off the waitlist and you will start school in a week. I don't want to go to dental school burnt out... Plus, we have to spend the next 6 months waiting for the coin to flip to find out if I'm in or not. If I knew i'm HWL, I would've dropped half my courses and I simply had to maintain a 3.3 avg instead of grinding out another spree of A+ marks plus I could've enjoyed my summer. It's very unsettling. They harm the summer and mental health of their waitlist in exchange for keeping the school's statistics ambiguous.

For sure. Definitely don't think there needs to be this degree of secrecy!!