Premed 101 Forums

Western Accepted/Waitlist/Regrets 2021

Time Stamp: 9:12 AM EST

Accepted/WL/R: FINALLY Accepted! (London)

IP/OOP: IP

SWOMEN (Y/N): Y

2YGPA: 3.99

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 2018 128/126/126 --> 2020 130/125/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): This felt like my worst out of my four this year. I felt absolutely amazing about Ottawa and terrible about this but got both. Your feelings truly don't matter about how your interview went ... unless there's extreme awfulness.

Not sure where I will be accepting as I have Ottawa, Toronto and still waiting on BC! There's hope after 3 cycles chile yikes!

Time Stamp: 9:25 AM EST

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted! (London)

SWOMEN (Y/N): N (Applied through ACCESS)

2YGPA: 3.95

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 131/126/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): I felt really good coming out of it but over the next few days anxiety took over and I doubted most of my answers.

This was my second application cycle. In the previous cycle I got 0 interviews so I am truly grateful that my single interview this cycle turned into an A. You only need one A people!!!!

Time Stamp: 9:12am 

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted (London)!

SWOMEN (Y/N): No, but applied through ACCESS 

2YGPA: 3.97

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 130/126/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): felt this was my best interview! My panel was very friendly and welcoming and I felt very comfortable! 

Still unsure if I am accepting as I have Mac as well!

Time Stamp: 9:23

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted (London)

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YGPA: 3.92

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 129/127/129

Interview Experience (good, bad, neutral etc): at first I thought it went relatively well but as time passed, I started to really doubt myself and my answers. I was really overanalyzing their reactions to my answers. Oh well.... tortured myself for no reason. 

im so incredibly grateful for this!!!!!!!!!!! EXCITED TO MEET MY SCHULICH FAM

Timestamp: 9:12 AM

Accepted/WL/R: Accepted (London)

SWOMEN (Y/N): N

2YRGPA: 3.93

MCAT (CP/CARS/BB): 520 (130/130/130)

ECs: Part of a research study but no pubs, long term hospital volunteering, clubs, small business, intramural sports. 

Interview Experience: I felt really mediocre about it. Started off really nervous but then it came across how casual the interviewers were. All three were very warm and welcoming which helped me out. Felt okay about it initially but then more and more doubtful as time went on. 

Year: Graduated 2019

Geography: IP

Guaranteed interview from last year: Yes

The RELIEF!!! Honestly, getting the email I felt more relieved than happy I think. The waiting and suspense year-after-year killed it, which is why the post is delayed. Appreciate everyone on this forum, couldn't have done it without some of the resources and people on here! Not sure if I will be accepting yet, have the privilege to decide between Mac (niagara), Western, and Queens!

Congrats to everyone who received offers! To those on the waitlist, I feel your pain, tough it out, and worst case, you know how close you were, readjust and be sure of it next time! To those that need to reapply, I know it's tough, believe me, but you learn something through every cycle. Keep your head up, be smart about what you can and need to change and kill it next year!

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Littlesebastian said:

Well everyone the waitlist is moving! Off the normal waitlist already :) So excited to join you all this fall!!!

Did you get an offer off the normal waitlist? I’m on the high waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet. 

20 minutes ago, Stephhhh said:

Did you get an offer off the normal waitlist? I’m on the high waitlist and haven’t heard anything yet. 

Yes I think so? My email said “Although you were not ranked to receive an offer at this time, it was recommended that your name be placed on our Wait List. Any offer that is not accepted will be filled by an individual from the Wait List.”

I got a call last night from a No Caller ID number

6 hours ago, Littlesebastian said:

Well everyone the waitlist is moving! Off the normal waitlist already :) So excited to join you all this fall!!!

Congratulations! What is the timestamp of your original waitlist email if you don't mind checking? 

8 hours ago, Littlesebastian said:

Ty!! It was sent at 9:31am

By any chance were you in any stream (i.e. ACCESS pathway, Indigenous student, SWOMEN) or just in the general pool? I have a slight theory that maybe there's different streams of the high, normal and low waitlist? And maybe one stream cleared early for high allowing some normal waitlisters to get a call before other high waitlisters? 

Either way, CONGRATS LITTLESEBASTIAN! You have finally been released from the purgatory that is the normal waitlist! You kiled it this year :) 

10 hours ago, PrincessGliaOrgana said:

By any chance were you in any stream (i.e. ACCESS pathway, Indigenous student, SWOMEN) or just in the general pool? I have a slight theory that maybe there's different streams of the high, normal and low waitlist? And maybe one stream cleared early for high allowing some normal waitlisters to get a call before other high waitlisters? 

Either way, CONGRATS LITTLESEBASTIAN! You have finally been released from the purgatory that is the normal waitlist! You kiled it this year :) 

Yeah SWOMEN! That theory would actually make some sense...

Thank you!! I was on the NWL last year too (not sure if that has any effect on this year) and I'd never wish that on anybody :(  Good luck to everyone!! Looks like we'll be getting through a good chunk of the waitlist this year

11 hours ago, Littlesebastian said:

Yeah SWOMEN! That theory would actually make some sense...

Thank you!! I was on the NWL last year too (not sure if that has any effect on this year) and I'd never wish that on anybody :(  Good luck to everyone!! Looks like we'll be getting through a good chunk of the waitlist this year

It’s just a guess but apparently somebody in the general pool from normal got in yesterday, so I don’t know if that theory makes sense anymore. 
im glad you got in off of normal waitlist this year though and I sure hope so but no news of movement anywhere today unfortunately

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/11/2021 at 2:45 PM, sphw4 said:

Unfortunately I was “low” waitlisted. I know the email says “In recent years, applicants in your position on the Wait List have not received an offer of admission”, but does anyone here happen to know if Western has ever gotten all the way through to the “low” waitlist, or can I pretty much assume this is an R?

Feeling pretty gutted right now since I thought my interview actually went well. :(

EDIT: I have accepted an offer to another school so I have removed myself from the wait list. Best of luck to all waitlisters at Western! :)

Hey sphw4 (Or anybody else who can advise),

How does one remove themselves off the waitlist? I couldn't find an option to do so on the uwo student portal, and their phone service is off and just tells you to email them. I've sent an email -- but is there a faster/more direct way to take onesself off the waitlist?

On 6/15/2021 at 12:45 PM, Robotto said:

Hey sphw4 (Or anybody else who can advise),

How does one remove themselves off the waitlist? I couldn't find an option to do so on the uwo student portal, and their phone service is off and just tells you to email them. I've sent an email -- but is there a faster/more direct way to take onesself off the waitlist?

Hey robotto! I actually just declined my waitlist offer to begin with so I'm not sure what the process looks like for someone who accepts their waitlist offer and then wants to remove themself from the waitlist. I would just email admissions again in a few days if they haven't got back to you. Sorry I can't be of more help!