Premed 101 Forums

McMaster Med Waitlist Party 2021

2 minutes ago, waitlisteddream said:

There will definitely be more offers sent out, but we might be waiting for a wave that isn’t coming. Not sure though, just conjecture.

I thought the deadline to accept was midnight last night, maybe I’m mistaken 

3 minutes ago, waitlisteddream said:

There will definitely be more offers sent out, but we might be waiting for a wave that isn’t coming. Not sure though, just conjecture.

Second this. There will still be a couple spots in the coming ~10 days from waitlist rejections and possible deferral requests, but these will be quite sporadic compared to the wave yesterday and the small wave on Friday. 

If we don't see any wave today, I think the big movement might be over. McMaster has been known to send out offers until around 6:30-7pm, so it's just a waiting game until then. And yes, the deadline to accept was last night. 

8 minutes ago, Saber223 said:

I'd think a pretty big wave is coming too. McMaster moved much faster than the other schools (Ottawa, Western, Queens, etc.). All the other schools just had big movements which means a lot of people with both schools will be choosing. I'd predict one more wave before we lose hope.

30 minutes ago, premed12322 said:

Prediction: huuge wave incoming

I certainly hope so then, if I get in because of that, I will buy you both dinner. 

8 minutes ago, MDMD2021 said:

Still no word? How is it possible that so many people have declined their spot recently, yet no one has gotten in?

haven't heard anything. it's possible that people don't use forums to post that they got in, but there are a bunch of us here so chances say at least 1 of us gets it... or at least i'm hoping:confused:

47 minutes ago, MDMD2021 said:

Still no word? How is it possible that so many people have declined their spot recently, yet no one has gotten in?

Most people don't post on the forums if they got in. 

Also, usually people are given 1 week to decide off WL offers. The big movements happened last week today/wednesday so today is probably the first deadline of last week's movements. The "final wave" will probs happen some time between today-thursday. People that got in yesterday were likely from those that declined offers early.

If we don't hear back by Friday, chances still aren't 0, but it would be best to look towards backup plans at that point.

4 hours ago, Saber223 said:

Most people don't post on the forums if they got in. 

Also, usually people are given 1 week to decide off WL offers. The big movements happened last week today/wednesday so today is probably the first deadline of last week's movements. The "final wave" will probs happen some time between today-thursday. People that got in yesterday were likely from those that declined offers early.

If we don't hear back by Friday, chances still aren't 0, but it would be best to look towards backup plans at that point.

Don’t lose hope just yet! I got off the waitlist on May 25th which was the first big wave and our offers expire June 7th. A lot of people are probably waiting until then to decline!