Premed 101 Forums

CaRMS 2023 -- Discussions

Hi everyone

Here is a dedicated thread for discussions about CaRMS 2023. The other thread (CaRMS 2023 Interview Tracker) will be for invitations only. I invite you to post your invitations there. Please avoid discussions and unrelated messages on that thread to ensure a better experience for everyone.

I wish you success for this cycle ! 

Bonjour tout le monde

Voici un thread dédié aux discussions concernant les CaRMS 2023. L'autre thread (CaRMS 2023 Interview Tracker) est réservé uniquement aux invitations. Je vous invite à poster vos invitations là-bas. SVP éviter les discussions et les messages non pertinents dans ce thread pour assurer une meilleure lisibilité.

Je vous souhaite beaucoup de succès pour vos CaRMS !

3 hours ago, Samic1988 said:

Someone mentioned in subreddits that IMG ON FM invites are out today, anyone received it here?

Yes they’re posted on the interview tracker page. Does that mean that all the Ontario programs sent the invitations today?? Or is it an ongoing process over the next few days? 

23 hours ago, anonymouspls said:

Looks like last year for rad onc a couple invites were out before a week after the deadline and I think none are out so far based on tracker. I wonder what's taking so long :blink:

I can say our program received 40 applications this year. Takes some time to go through. It’s been quite some time since we’ve seen this interest. 

good luck with Carms - rad onc is great 

7 hours ago, ChemPetE said:

I can say our program received 40 applications this year. Takes some time to go through. It’s been quite some time since we’ve seen this interest. 

good luck with Carms - rad onc is great 

What province are you in? thats incredible, past few years the biggest schools were getting 25-28 applicants.

I wonder if this is a consequence of more people parallel planning with multiple specialties. Rad Onc is also great which is a factor. 

3 hours ago, Overstressed said:

I saw that UBC anesthesiology just got updated on the tracker. Has anyone else not heard back yet? Does that mean rejection I’m assuming?

I mean, waiting is no fun, particularly as I am waiting for this response as well, but when you assume, u make an ___ out of _ and __

https://media3.giphy.com/media/l1J9yApnGts8EXYoo/giphy.gif

1 hour ago, NothingButNetters said:

Nothing was triggered on CaRMS, but there was an email that went out from the program.. to book interviews starting tonight at 5pm PST. Still nothing on CaRMS.

Oh yeah, my bad! I got the email first but the status was posted on CaRMS for me a few hours ago for one of the sites.