Premed 101 Forums

Friday Funnies ....

dr_2020

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't get it...:(
Boy has needed five surgeries to fix a serious-looking tibia fracture. He's understandably upset by this, as he is probably an active kid, which is why he broke his shin in the first place.

Turns out, though, that the two orthopedic surgeons who are working on this kid are actually playing a game of tic-tac-toe on some surface of his bone there. Unfortunately, surgeon number one is a bit of an x's and o's aficionado, having successfully executed the ever-popular bi-diagonal gambit.

...so it's not that funny.

So, I handed in my thesis today, so it's almost like a Friday...

This one's a joke my 9 year old nephew told me yesterday.

What do you call a fish that's lost an eye?

FSH.

A ha ha. The fact that I laughed for about 20 min shows how my brain has deteriorated during the writing of my thesis.

I don't get it.

Boy has needed five surgeries to fix a serious-looking tibia fracture. He's understandably upset by this, as he is probably an active kid, which is why he broke his shin in the first place.

Turns out, though, that the two orthopedic surgeons who are working on this kid are actually playing a game of tic-tac-toe on some surface of his bone there. Unfortunately, surgeon number one is a bit of an x's and o's aficionado, having successfully executed the ever-popular bi-diagonal gambit.

...so it's not that funny.

Ahhh...I see - thanks for the detailed explanation :) ...usually they kill the punch line, but I appreciate the effort you put into writing this nonetheless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

these are from a funny doctor stories website...

70 year-old Mrs Potts went to the doctor for her annual check up. He told her she needed more activity and recommended sex three times a week. She said to the doctor, "Please, tell my husband." The doctor went out to the waiting room and told Mr Potts that his wife needed to have sex three times a week. The eighty-year-old husband replied, "Which days?" "How about Monday, Wednesday, and Friday?" "I can bring her on Monday and Wednesday," the man said, "but on Fridays she'll have to take the bus."

Ninety-year-old Mr Tomkins went in for his annual checkup. When the doctor asked how he was feeling, he said, "Never been better! I've got an 18 year-old bride who's pregnant with my child! What do you think about that?" The doctor considered this for a moment. "Let me tell you a story," he said. "I knew a guy who was an avid hunter. One day he went out in a hurry and accidentally grabbed his umbrella instead of his gun. He was in the woods and suddenly a grizzly bear appeared in front of him! He raised up his umbrella, pointed it at the bear, and squeezed the handle. And do you know what happened?" "No," the old man said. "Tell me." "The bear dropped dead in front of him!" "That's impossible! Someone else must have shot that bear." "That's kind of what I'm driving at," the doctor replied.

Mr Tote called the doctor's office to find out his wife's test results. "I'm sorry," the nurse said, "but there's been a mistake. When we sent your wife's samples to the Lab, some samples from another Mrs Tote were sent as well. One Mrs Tote has tested positive for Alzheimer's disease and the other for AIDS. We can't tell which results are your wife's." "That's terrible!" Mr Tote cried. "Can we do the test over to find the answer?" "Your HMO won't pay for these expensive tests to be run twice." "Well, what are we supposed to do?" "The doctor recommends that you drop your wife off in the middle of town. If she finds her way home, don't sleep with her."

• 2 weeks later...

Archived