Premed 101 Forums

The Official Procrastination Thread

bj89

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hate behavioural neuroscience. I have never had to learn so much material for one course. I can't even keep it all straight! And my prof is such a knob and is all "if I ask you for the scientific evidence of why [neuroscience topic x] exists, and you say it was studied in hamsters when it was really studied in gerbils, than it's wrong. Like for the context of the concept that REALLY MATTERS.

gahhhhhhhhhh

man i hate advanced stats :(

No you don't. You love it. Admit it. Who doesn't love calculating multifactoral MANOVAs by hand? Or being forced to memorize how to employ obscure nonparametric tests you'll never actually use in your real life, ever--even if you're actually doing research? No, statistics is awesome...

/bitter

No you don't. You love it. Admit it. Who doesn't love calculating multifactoral MANOVAs by hand? Or being forced to memorize how to employ obscure nonparametric tests you'll never actually use in your real life, ever--even if you're actually doing research? No, statistics is awesome...

/bitter

:( :( :(

I will tell you how much I love it after Tuesday night!! And at least someone out there knows my pain :o

HAH! I too am just loving the advanced statistics right now. ;) Resources are seriously lacking. Do any of your profs make lecture slides? Or do you know of any good websites on multiple regression, stepwise procedures, manova, dummy variables, etc? Mostly what I'm finding with Google is interpretation of computer output, which is not very useful in learning to do hand calculations! Ideas?

this forum is going to bring my marks down this term (though they dont matter any more :) )... I cant focus on these useless courses anymore

Hate. You.

HAH! I too am just loving the advanced statistics right now. ;) Resources are seriously lacking. Do any of your profs make lecture slides? Or do you know of any good websites on multiple regression, stepwise procedures, manova, dummy variables, etc? Mostly what I'm finding with Google is interpretation of computer output, which is not very useful in learning to do hand calculations! Ideas?

I deleted anything statistics-related the second I walked out of my last stats exam... (the general sentiment of that act being "burn in hell, statistics!")

I found this on the internet though: http://wiki.stat.ucla.edu/socr/index.php/EBook . I don't know if it'll be helpful, but check it out just in case. It's supposedly intended to be useful for people at any level, from undergrads to postdocs. Lots of equations on the various pages, if you're into that kind of thing.

Who doesn't love calculating multifactoral MANOVAs by hand?

Or being forced to memorize how to employ obscure nonparametric tests you'll never actually use in your real life

Oh man, I hear ya.

I took a course of this stuff last year.

I don't want this thread to become a venting thread, but one of the things I won't miss if I get into Medical School is being forced to learn things that seem to have absolutely no relevance or practical importance to your future (Obscure non-parametric tests? necturus anatomy?).

Just a couple more days until the summer, everyone!

Hang in there!

I hope this forum closes during the exam time so I don't have to constantly checking all the posts for nothing (I haven't even applies for med school yet.....)

I always have this wish: why doesnt premed101 just crashes down during exams?

Have you guys seen
yet?

It's really been making the rounds on the interwebs today.

It's pretty awesome. I love it.

The longer version.

Some more entertainment

I know. I regretted it as soon as I said it. I didn't meant it, baby. And I still love you. Do you still love me? Take me back. TAKE ME BACK! *cries*
are you a guy or a girl?
I can be whatever you want me to be, baby. ;)

/creepy

Dude! (dudette?) Stop flirting on pm101 and go study already!
i agree ... though we should all go study?

I spent my day at home, on this forum, readin posts, followin links and laughin at non funny stuff:p

I EVEN Tried to figure out how many of you had quotations of "Jochi1543" in their signatures :P could count some.

I havent opened my books since my last midterms exams. well, this semester doesnt count in admissions.

And instead of studying for my finals, i did a research over the internet to try to find out if I would be kicked out of school if I failed all of my courses for this semester:D

hehe, since march, i wake up at 1-2 pm, (used to wake up every day before 7 am for the last 3 years before march).

How do you like this as a procrastination? hehe (m sorry for my english, i am a quebec french student)

I propose a competition. I always thought if procrastination was an Olympic event I would take gold! Name a situation that embodied your ability to procrastinate to the extreme. Bonus points for pulling out the win despite procrastinating!

I'll go first. My first midterm ever in uni (but I was still in high school mode). I had the midterm on Monday 2pm. I just went to lectures and took notes, but never took the book out of the seal. Its a psych course, so crazy amounts of memorization was required. I made no previous attempts to review/understand the stuff in my notes. I spent the Saturday watching TV. Sunday, 12pm I crack open the seal to my textbook. I had 4 hours of sleep that night, but in the end I pulled out an 88% on the midterm!

This wasn't exactly due to procrastination, just poor life skills, but:

In December of third year, everything was happening. (As Kerouac would say).

In brief, I had to stay up all night (minus about 90 minutes for a refresh mid-way through) learning biochemistry for my final exam. The exam ended at noon, and then at 2pm I had an abnormal psychology exam for which I hadn't cracked a book. I literally sprinted home and wikipediad each of the concepts to get a gist of everything we covered, made myself a list of key points, memorized them, ran to my next exam, and vomited it out before forgetting it (and of course fluffed it with extrapolations of what I learned on wiki). I managed a 90 something in the course. :D I don't think I ever missed a class, though, and I loved it, so I probably sponged up a lot over the course of the term.

But uhhh yep, not the proudest day of my life. ;)

wow, that's a really smart use of the little time you had left, I think I would have freaked out and utterly shut down...

i found out I don't even need The Internet to procrastinate.

I only need my bed to sleep in. woke up around 12ish. walked downtown to get curry and had 4 hour nap after eating. Since then it was either youtube or this forum. I've been repeating this pattern since the last day of classes...

Only confusion is, I thought there was this green curry made with spinach, (not the vietnamese kind, but indian curry) but when I asked for spinach curry, I got the regular red kind with spinach bits+onions. But it was still gooooood.

Archived