Premed 101 Forums

The Official Procrastination Thread

bj89

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just spent 5 hours beating mario brawl adventure mode. Any girl gamers out here?

One right here :D I've been in professional gaming competitions before and ranked in the top 10 :eek: I was also number 1 on UWO's counterstrike server :P (and was in a well ranked clan off the UWO server on Steam), I've played almost every single final fantasy, I've played every single Zelda and Mario, I was one of the first EVER to play online Duke Nukem 3D back in the day and I can pwn anyone in Starcraft and am awaiting Starcraft 2 and I've been watching the crazy Korean beta tester videos of it ;)

One right here :D I've been in professional gaming competitions before and ranked in the top 10 :eek: I was also number 1 on UWO's counterstrike server :P (and was in a well ranked clan off the UWO server on Steam), I've played almost every single final fantasy, I've played every single Zelda and Mario, I was one of the first EVER to play online Duke Nukem 3D back in the day and I can pwn anyone in Starcraft and am awaiting Starcraft 2 and I've been watching the crazy Korean beta tester videos of it ;)

...that is the most attractive thing I have ever heard. And I mean that with 100% honesty

you know you are procrastinating when you are surfing premed forums DURING an exam (take home psych final).....

win.

isn't it weird how when you're studying for an exam, you procrastinate so much but once you're all done you get bored cuz you have nothing to do? i know thats how im gonna feel once im done my last exam today!

For the past 2.5 hours I've had the youtube symphony orchestra playing in the background while I baked 3 cakes. The musicians are amazing & I'm sure it was a great experience to play at Carnegie Hall.

I wish I had insane musical skills, but my band teacher in high school said that if I ever tried to play trumpet on the street for tips, people would take money from me. I think he was joking, but I may just be terrible and not realize it.

31 minutes until my physiology exam....

80 multiple choice. I've decided I can let a maximum of 10 go.... hopefully less.

Biggest pet peeve of this course:

profs lecturing on their own knowledge, and telling us to read the textbook, which has a lot of opposing ideas...

... blows.

Yeah. I finished yesterday. I'm done my UG. NOW WHAT THE *** AM I SUPPOSED TO DO WITH MYSELF???

Suggestions (in no particular order):

Pat yourself on the back

Go outside and see the pretty sunny day

Stay inside and watch UFC 97 tonight

Find those other people called "friends" that you used to have before UG

Go to a bar and drink excessively

Destroy your alarm clock

Find out how much money/debt you now have

Start looking online for a job

Throw eggs at your most hated prof's car

Get laid (my personal pick)

If you cannot find a cooperative person to get you laid, masturbate

Those are just a few off the top of my head.

masters

ewqrqwerqwerqwer

UGH. Shoot me in the head. An NSERC and an honours thesis have definitively told me that I hate research (at least lab-based, have yet to try clinical). Kinda shoots my biochem Master's backup plan to hell, I have NO idea what I'll do next year if I don't get into med this cycle.

UGH. Shoot me in the head. An NSERC and an honours thesis have definitively told me that I hate research (at least lab-based, have yet to try clinical). Kinda shoots my biochem Master's backup plan to hell, I have NO idea what I'll do next year if I don't get into med this cycle.

I think that some people hate research because they unknowingly get involved with lazy, unorganized supervisors who do meaningless research. I loved my job as summer and I'm looking forward to starting again in may! I've decided to make my supervisor very aware of my intentions of applying to medicine though. I didn't want him to find all these med school application materials lying all over the lab and put 2 and 2 together

Yay! *high 5's over the internets*

That is hardcore!! I used to own a PS way back in the day so I rocked tekken, metal gear, streetfighter etc. and then moved on to devil may cry and prince of persia on ps2. BUT now I got a wii all to myself but I'm slowly realizing that I am more of a gamer than I thought and the wii just does not have all the games I would have preferred to play, I ache for an xbox or PS3 now!! I've never played Zelda, I know :eek: but I think I'll pick up twilight princess.

One right here I've been in professional gaming competitions before and ranked in the top 10 :eek: I was also number 1 on UWO's counterstrike server :P (and was in a well ranked clan off the UWO server on Steam), I've played almost every single final fantasy, I've played every single Zelda and Mario, I was one of the first EVER to play online Duke Nukem 3D back in the day and I can pwn anyone in Starcraft and am awaiting Starcraft 2 and I've been watching the crazy Korean beta tester videos of it ;)

Yay! *high 5's over the internets*

That is hardcore!! I used to own a PS way back in the day so I rocked tekken, metal gear, streetfighter etc. and then moved on to devil may cry and prince of persia on ps2. BUT now I got a wii all to myself but I'm slowly realizing that I am more of a gamer than I thought and the wii just does not have all the games I would have preferred to play, I ache for an xbox or PS3 now!! I've never played Zelda, I know :eek: but I think I'll pick up twilight princess.

Twilight princess was awesome, but Ocarina of Time will FOREVER be my favourite!!!!!! (x5!!) But you are in for a treat with Twilight Princess! Majora's Mask was awesome as well (I loved playing as the Zora!) and Windwaker was different but really interesting. The old school zeldas are the best though :P go NES!

Btw I've played all the Metal Gears too.... yeah I know. And I'm quite sure I have some art books of it too :eek: And I passed all the DMC's except the latest one... I love fighting games too, i.e. Capcom vs. SNK or Capcom vs. Marvel. Back in the day I'd kick butt in the original Killer Instinct and do Orchid's flashing finishing move (anyone get this reference??? anyone??) or turn Cinder into Eyedol lol :P man I'm such a gamer/nerd!!

As for the Wii, I just got Cooking Mama World Kitchen. It's fun for a bit but it's boring to me now. I want to get Rockband.... but then again I just need to hassle Law to bring it over. oookay enough procrastinating, exam tomorrow at 2!

Twilight princess was awesome, but Ocarina of Time will FOREVER be my favourite!!!!!! (x5!!) But you are in for a treat with Twilight Princess! Majora's Mask was awesome as well (I loved playing as the Zora!) and Windwaker was different but really interesting. The old school zeldas are the best though :P go NES!

Btw I've played all the Metal Gears too.... yeah I know. And I'm quite sure I have some art books of it too :eek: And I passed all the DMC's except the latest one... I love fighting games too, i.e. Capcom vs. SNK or Capcom vs. Marvel. Back in the day I'd kick butt in the original Killer Instinct and do Orchid's flashing finishing move (anyone get this reference??? anyone??) or turn Cinder into Eyedol lol :P man I'm such a gamer/nerd!!

As for the Wii, I just got Cooking Mama World Kitchen. It's fun for a bit but it's boring to me now. I want to get Rockband.... but then again I just need to hassle Law to bring it over. oookay enough procrastinating, exam tomorrow at 2!

OOOO OOO OOO.

OOOO OOO OOO.

OOO OOO OOO, OOO OOO.

*epona's song*

I'm addicted to call of duty 5. I got X-box live last month. Everytime I load it, I swear I will only play for a couple rounds... and end up sitting there FOREVER. It's so addictive. Luckily, I only got caught in a time wasting trap two times this week. (Due to the x-box, I mean. Otherwise, I waste time like nobody's business!)

HAHAHAA. Me and W were teasing you about this lmao... knew you'd eventually come to your senses. :P

Break a leg on our exam. W too.

I'm addicted to call of duty 5. I got X-box live last month. Everytime I load it, I swear I will only play for a couple rounds... and end up sitting there FOREVER. It's so addictive. Luckily, I only got caught in a time wasting trap two times this week. (Due to the x-box, I mean. Otherwise, I waste time like nobody's business!)

I'm on the LAST LEVEL on veteran difficulty. I am so close to the end but it's impossible!!! btw you should PM me your GamerTag and we'll get on the mad CoD on live

Majora's Mask was awesome as well (I loved playing as the Zora!)

Majora's Mask was really cool. I once figured out how to play The Otherside by the Chili Peppers on the zora guitar in game, haha. Only complaint was going back in time every hour or so and reliving conversations over and over again

^ lol

Yeah I've heard that Ocarina of Time is the best Zelda game ever...and one of the best games ever, I can't wait!

Man I need to start studying for the mcat like now...but I can't move off my chair. The books, they are mocking me.

Archived