Premed 101 Forums

The Official Procrastination Thread

bj89

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK everyone, this is it.

I started preparing for finals 17 days ago. 17 long, hard days. I can tell you the titles of pretty much every book in the MUN health's science library dermatology and gynecology sections.

Today is the last kick at the cat for my exam 9 am tomorrow. Let's make it a glorious adventure to remember. GL all who are finishing soon

My last exam of the year is tomorrow at 9am aw well. But it's stats, and it's open book, and I only need 75% to still get an A+ in the class. I haven't studied for it at all.

Maybe I should re-read my notes...or maybe I should watch that video of the baby panda sneezing. It's a tough choice.

haha I don't think you would have made it through cell bio without knowing that :P
Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. Last semester, in 3rd year animal physiology, my prof was talking about gap junctions and a girl asked him what an action potential was. This was after we has already done the first midterm (which had neuron info on it). Sadly, the girl was actually asking a serious question.

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. Last semester, in 3rd year animal physiology, my prof was talking about gap junctions and a girl asked him what an action potential was. This was after we has already done the first midterm (which had neuron info on it). Sadly, the girl was actually asking a serious question.

I love those people! I always have on of those special people in my classes where when they ask a question and you can tell everybody in the class is wondering where this person has been for the entire semester given the question they just asked :o

I love those people! I always have on of those special people in my classes where when they ask a question and you can tell everybody in the class is wondering where this person has been for the entire semester given the question they just asked :o
lol.

More like where this person's been for the past 3 years.

my girlfriend wrote an exam this morning, here was one of the questions:

Transport of sodium out of a cell requires:

a.)x

b.)x

c.)active transport

d.)Na/K ATPase

people raised their arms to talk to the prof (who is a senile old man) and asked "but the NA/K ATPase uses active transport?" and he said "no, they use ATP"

edit:

The same prof had a question on our test last year:

Which of the following atoms are not in a molecule of glucose:

a.) carbon

b.) hydrogen

c.) oxygen

d.) nitrogen

e.) sulfur

everyone was like..... There is a reason people abbreviate carbohydrates as CHO

The best question I have heard in class (think it was first year) was the prof was giving out information about the upcoming exam. The class was divided (using surnames) from A-J in one room and the other K-Z in another. A girl raises her hand and asks `So my name is like Jane Doe where would I be?'. The prof replies 'Well I would guess because your last name is Doe it would be somewhere between A-J so I think it's this room'. Quite embarrassed she put her hand down and looked around. Everyone in the lecture hall laughed.

The best question I have heard in class (think it was first year) was the prof was giving out information about the upcoming exam. The class was divided (using surnames) from A-J in one room and the other K-Z in another. A girl raises her hand and asks `So my name is like Jane Doe where would I be?'. The prof replies 'Well I would guess because your last name is Doe it would be somewhere between A-J so I think it's this room'. Quite embarrassed she put her hand down and looked around. Everyone in the lecture hall laughed.

Totally out of curiosity was she Asian?

Sometimes have taught computer programming and I run into people who are Asian with often an Asian language as their first one learned. There is no concept of alphabetical order in many of these, so when I ask them to sort things alphabetically they have no idea what I am taking about out. It is REALLY hard to get the message across about what I want.

From this I realized how completely ingrained the alphabet is in my brain from this!

Of course in your case, she was probably clueless....... :)

Totally out of curiosity was she Asian?

Sometimes have taught computer programming and I run into people who are Asian with often an Asian language as their first one learned. There is no concept of alphabetical order in many of these, so when I ask them to sort things alphabetically they have no idea what I am taking about out. It is REALLY hard to get the message across about what I want.

From this I realized how completely ingrained the alphabet is in my brain from this!

Of course in your case, she was probably clueless....... :)

lol nope she wasn't asian. I really have no clue what ethnicity she was. Regardless, she looked like an idiot and everyone knew her name as well (obviously) (srs) lol.

lol nope she wasn't asian. I really have no clue what ethnicity she was. Regardless, she looked like an idiot and everyone knew her name as well lol.

obviously, she told you guys it was Jane Doe...

....kidding.

do NOT want to write cell biochem in the morning...!!! ffffff

Archived