Premed 101 Forums

The Official Procrastination Thread

bj89

Just finished my last biology exam for my UG. about to write my last psychology course. That just leaves economics (this summer) and I am done.....

feels weird - having a "so that's all there is?" feeling here.

Yeah, I know the feeling. Tomorrow I write my last exam of UG. And I still can't bring myself to study!!

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just finished my last biology exam for my UG. about to write my last psychology course. That just leaves economics (this summer) and I am done.....

feels weird - having a "so that's all there is?" feeling here.

One more biochem exam and I'm done my last biochem exam of undergrad (4 days)... boooooooomshakalaka.

just wrote my last chemistry exam. First one finished. I stood up, and the prof gave me this mortified look (like he thought I bombed it) --but then he caught on that I found it easy haha and that was that

lol, sometimes I finish early, and I get up and hand in my exam and then I see that the room is still almost full, I think to myself "Did I miss something, was there a whole other page I missed seeing etc." I recently have been staying for a longer time tho, because I realize I can catch some really really stupid mistakes this way, lol.

4 weeks to the start of likely more waiting.....

Molecular biophysics today - only science course I have had so far that has been truly boring. I had to spend 200 dollars on books for the course, that we know know literally have NOTHING to do with the course material. Here is actual text from an email from the prof:

"Most fo the info onthe assignments is in the lectures, that actaulyl how i first larned them myslef many years ago. please go through them carefully once more, further, the course is offerd at a third year level whihch measna certain readiness to be resourcefull and look somehting up, especially with the finormain being so easily available on the net, it is assumed you wold do a certain amount of searhcing"

First time a professor told me all of the assignment material (35% of grade, and also most of the final) is not covered in class, or in any of the required readings, not even in the course textbook, and he won't discuss them or ever give the right answers to any of the questions.

4 weeks to the start of likely more waiting.....

Molecular biophysics today - only science course I have had so far that has been truly boring. I had to spend 200 dollars on books for the course, that we know know literally have NOTHING to do with the course material. Here is actual text from an email from the prof:

"Most fo the info onthe assignments is in the lectures, that actaulyl how i first larned them myslef many years ago. please go through them carefully once more, further, the course is offerd at a third year level whihch measna certain readiness to be resourcefull and look somehting up, especially with the finormain being so easily available on the net, it is assumed you wold do a certain amount of searhcing"

First time a professor told me all of the assignment material (35% of grade, and also most of the final) is not covered in class, or in any of the required readings, not even in the course textbook, and he won't discuss them or ever give the right answers to any of the questions.

Good thing this guy is teaching Molecular Biophysics, not English!

I don't even bother with the libraries during exam times, its ridiculous trying to get a seat!! I always wanted Taylor or Weldon to have a webcam so I can look online first to see if its worth it to go :P

That is a fantastic idea! I should have thought of that. Weldon is just too big for me. I love those booth things at taylor. don't know what they are called unfortunately.

That is a fantastic idea! I should have thought of that. Weldon is just too big for me. I love those booth things at taylor. don't know what they are called unfortunately.

The Law Library.... less hours but almost always a spot somewhere.

It's 11:30 and there are still 4 or 5 tables in the main room open.

lol.

So I take it you did the big 70% final? Hope it went ok.

haha yeah had it this morning. 2 hours exactly, not a minute extra time:

3 different profs, so 3 different exam booklets.

1.)Choose 3/4 - 15% of term

2.)Choose 1 of 3 for essay - 15% of term

3.)Do all 5 short essay questions - 40% of term

needless to say my hand is a little tired from writing!! You were so screwed if you didn't know everything in detail. Like one of the questions was "fully describe the reconstitution experiment of Racker and Stockenius. What was the significance of this experiment to the field of bioenergetics"

The guy next to me never learned the names of the people who did which experiment. So even though he could describe any of them in detail, he had to leave this question blank. 7% of term gone. I felt bad for the guy

needless to say my hand is a little tired from writing!! You were so screwed if you didn't know everything in detail. Like one of the questions was "fully describe the reconstitution experiment of Racker and Stockenius. What was the significance of this experiment to the field of bioenergetics"

The guy next to me never learned the names of the people who did which experiment. So even though he could describe any of them in detail, he had to leave this question blank. 7% of term gone. I felt bad for the guy

Yeah, I know what that's like. In my epidemiology final this year, the entire exam (40% of term mark) was one single question, something like "Describe, in specific detail, the major experiment conducted by John Snow discussed in class. Include all his findings, the city and year in which the experiment took place, the disease he was studying, his theory of disease, and the street where the key object was located."

It wasn't much to go on, and if you missed that particular class you could never answer the question. I attended every class, and I still had no clue what street the experiment took place on!

Yeah, I know what that's like. In my epidemiology final this year, the entire exam (40% of term mark) was one single question, something like "Describe, in specific detail, the major experiment conducted by John Snow discussed in class. Include all his findings, the city and year in which the experiment took place, the disease he was studying, his theory of disease, and the street where the key object was located."

It wasn't much to go on, and if you missed that particular class you could never answer the question. I attended every class, and I still had no clue what street the experiment took place on!

Bah, my genetic disease exam on Wednesday... the first half had absolutely nothing to do with cancer biology. We had to answer 3 of 4 really vague questions, that were so general and very mildly related to what we learned. We weren't told how long answers should be or how many marks the questions were worth, only that it was half the exam... would be weighted equally... and to be short, concise. WTF! lol

Then, the second half (another prof) was a marathon with no time to think! You had to know your stuff stone cold or would do miserably. We were given very short space to answer the question, and there was so much to cover for each disease... I felt like I had to shrink my writing majorly to answer the questions. And I only have an 80 in th course, I better not have blown it!

Archived