Premed 101 Forums

The Official Procrastination Thread

bj89

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

have you guys noted that we tend to take more naps during exam times.... heh to possibly avoid studying...

you know, I am curious... how do they expect docs to function (intellectually) when they are on call... at in the wee hours of the morning... usually when i get tired, it just becomes hard to concentrate, and then just fall a sleep

I actually started taking less naps this year. Just no freaking time! But then the way how I go to bed is by spontaneously falling asleep on my keyboard (ex: last night). Then I wake up 2 hours later and shift into my bed. I think I have narcolepsy actually; been learning about it for my human physio exam. Last year I actually fell asleep at the wheel....on the 401.....at 12am.....at 120+ kph LOL. I'm talking deeep sleep. Like I crashed, woke up, and was like "WTF?!?!? Flat tire?" Then I got out and look at my car, saw the nice guardrail impression down the side, and I was like "....oh". HAHA

I actually started taking less naps this year. Just no freaking time! But then the way how I go to bed is by spontaneously falling asleep on my keyboard (ex: last night). Then I wake up 2 hours later and shift into my bed. I think I have narcolepsy actually; been learning about it for my human physio exam. Last year I actually fell asleep at the wheel....on the 401.....at 12am.....at 120+ kph LOL. I'm talking deeep sleep. Like I crashed, woke up, and was like "WTF?!?!? Flat tire?" Then I got out and look at my car, saw the nice guardrail impression down the side, and I was like "....oh". HAHA

oh man, i dont want you on the roads with me

dude thats serious... u coulda hurt someone, or worse

Dude, I know. But I went from fully awake to fully asleep in 0.5 seconds without knowing it. What do you want me to do?

get more sleep? :)

but in more seriousness that only happens to me when I am completely wiped out - you probably had a good idea you were exhausted, but no idea you sooo tired you could pass out - otherwise why would you be driving.

Glad nothing serious happened!

I took 3 courses + research (which is chill, didn't have to do a final report and my prof already submitted my grade) this semester thinking that I'd have interviews so I'd be busy and I'd keep up with a light load.

Ended up not going to lectures since January for one and February for the other 2 (one of which is cumulative for the material going back to last Sept). All are pretty intense courses with memorization of receptors/pathways/etc.

I have a week till the first exam and a week between each subsequently, which would make it alright but I've been browsing the web for the better part of the last week and don't seem inclined to start studying. Watched a season of Ramsay's kitcehn nightmares and about to watch the office :rolleyes:

Girls living above me are 2 party freaks, constantly stomping around in their high heels and coming home at 3am in those said heels..... going to drive me nuts!!! However they are only now 2 strikes away from getting kicked out (possibly only one) due to my various noise complaints lol. But yeah this sucks :( I need like pindrop silence to study.

idiot pharmacy girls sitting next to me in the library. Girl just spent 10 minutes complaining how she wasn't going to be able to learn all the material, and there was just TOO much to learn.

10 minutes of time complaining = 10 minutes of time NOT learning haha

they hot??

they hot??

decent, but still obnoxious. Whispering for 10 seconds and then laughing loudly. Like, how do they think they're being respectful?

no, only nursing girls are hot

QUITE the contrary I find, actually. I pity nursing students. I'm surprised they don't teach courses called:

Nursing 101 - fighting with the union

Nursing 102 - complaining

Nursing 103 - utilizing smoke breaks

before I get flamed, calm down. I was only joking around

QUITE the contrary I find, actually. I pity nursing students. I'm surprised they don't teach courses called:

Nursing 101 - fighting with the union

Nursing 102 - complaining

Nursing 103 - utilizing smoke breaks

before I get flamed, calm down. I was only joking around

LOL LOL LOL. So true for EMS, as well. I don't think we've ever had a day at work where the topic "and this union does WHAT for us, exactly?" was not discussed...:D

I don't have exams (yay grad school!) but I procrastinated today from finishing my independent research project by running a 5km race in downtown London then stuffing my face with ice cream! Now a 'Top Chef' marathon is on the Food network....I'm going to get nothing done today :D

I don't have exams (yay grad school!) but I procrastinated today from finishing my independent research project by running a 5km race in downtown London then stuffing my face with ice cream! Now a 'Top Chef' marathon is on the Food network....I'm going to get nothing done today :D

That better of been Marble Slab ice cream!! I have 100 "buy one get one free" coupons I clipped out of 100 issues I stole of the Gazette a week or 2 ago :P Literally 100, I counted them :P

I'm pulling out my internet cord and giving it to the bf to lock up so I can't procrastinate anymore!!

Archived